93 Ex Coupe

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

corona1587

im having a b18c (stock) installed with the s80 tranny on a 93 ex coupe. It's a light car but i cant gut it because its my only car and im commuting to school this coming year (45 minutes each way). i obviously dont need a out of control car that can run 12's.

1. What can i do to get over 200 whp without forced induction (keep in mind its not installed yet so i have the option of modifying it before it goes in).

2. i dont have abs (no rear disc), i need stopping power and my mechanic is going to swap in a front integra brake kit. Is this a good idea or should i go the aftermarket direction (remember i dont need to stop on a dime, i just want some good, long lasting brakes)

3. Reliability is #1... please dont recommend anything that i'll need to replace next year (if thats the case, then im not going to buy it just for the few extra HP)

4. Ground Control or H+R. Tokico or Koni

Instead of replacing your front brakes with the integras, most people like to do the rear disc conversion. I'm not saying your idea is bad though. I'm not sure what will get you 200whp, but I would start with all the basic bolt-ons (I/H/E). Don't go with some cheap, lame parts either. Remember you get what you pay for. For more power, you can go with a set of cams/cam gears.(toda, skunnk2). More than likely you will need to buy springs and retainers to handle high revs. Ground Control, H&R, Tokico, and Koni all are good names. I have Neuspeed Race with Koni yellows and it is a good ride. HTH :D

I personally woudl upgrade your fronts first and then if you really really have problems, which you won't, upgrade the drums to rear GSR's. I personally think the front is fine, but some like the rear for autox and other shit. To attain 200whp with a 1.8 isn't all that difficult. Do the standard intake, header, exhaust, cams, headwork, etc.

Personally I would do this.

1. JDM ITR tranny, great gearing for NA with ok LSD and 4.7 final drive.
2. comptech CAI
3. SMSP header
4. Any 2.25-2.5 exhaust system will work "mandrel bends"
5. 64mm TB w/ Skunk2 manny
6. Toda/Skunk/Jun cams with cam gears, valvesprings, retainers
7. PP head and intake manny (just make sure the from the TB to the head all ports match up
8. flywheel, clutch combo
9. Hondata with P28 (pills recommended :lol: )
----this is without going into the bottomend--

you could upgrade your bottom to a 1.9-2.1 liter but that is up to you. Good luck and remember to tune, tune, tune.

Milan

as far as brakes go I went the cheap way and just got slotted rotors and pads for my OEM set up and am very happy with the improvement in stopping distances.....I went with powerslot/hawk but EBC should have stuff for your car also.for everything else JDMilan hit the nail on the head [as usual].I also have Eibach sportlines w/Tokico blues and am very impressed,I still run my 13" rims though.

thanks to those who helped me out... i've done a lot of research and thats all i needed to hear. ill attempt to get some pics after its all done.

Just remember smaller rims are actually lighter, more cheap, and propell you faster to your destination.

If it came down to brakes I would also consider upgraded to SS brake lines for sure, they will improve pressure and feel. I have also considered swapping in a bigger brake booster like on GSR's, if you have an older EG.

Milan

ss lines are my next cheap upgrade,always made big diff on my dodge's

Back