93 F22a6 Non Vtec..to Prelude Vtec?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

playtoy18

i have a 93 accord f22a6.i don't want to swap engines,i would rather work with what i have got.but i don't have vtec and i would like to upgrade.will the vtec from the f22 prelude swap out easily?will the intake manifolds match?bolt right in?besides the change in wiring.also,is there a big difference in heads?exactly what parts from an f22 prelude will bolt in with little or no modification?
any help would be appreciated,i am new to the import scene,so far i have built a slammed f/s chevy and a camaro convertible.feel like a change.anyway nice to meet you all.
oh,did any of the preludes even have vtec??i'm not sure.

You can get a racing head package from gude.com
it comes with a street raciing cam,gear,throttle body
for about a 1,000 bucks or more it will give you about 55hp

Alright, first off, the 92-96 Preludes with the F22 engines did not have VTEC. They were the same single-cam non-VTEC engines that came in the 90-95 non-VTEC Accords. It wouldn't be worth swapping that engine. You'd want either the H23 or H22 to swap in there. The OBD1 H22's came in 92-95 Preludes (93-95 here in the States), and were dual-cam VTEC engines.

Second, stay away from Gude. Their head packages are overpriced for what you get, mainly because you're not getting new cams, but reground old ones. Not a good idea.

would the vtec injection from a 95 f22b1 swap right onto my a6?or would i have to swap entire motor?i would rather just swap head and vtec intake and computer than swap in an h22.

Ummm, yeah, you CAN just swap the head, but you'll probably be paying about a grand to do that, and you'll get tops 10 horses at the wheels. Single-cam VTEC isn't all that special.

You'd be better off spending the time and money on building your engine for forced induction, or running it n/a.

why would it cost a grand?reason i want to know is i am looking at buying an f22b engine computer and tranny for like 200 bucks.could i not do the swap myself?or did you mean it would cost that much to pay someone to do it/?i usually do everything myself,i am pretty mechanical and have done some serious work on vehicles before,but i'm hitting a blank with these imports.

If you're getting it for that price, you could probably do the install for $750, all said. What I'm saying is, though, that the gains won't be all that impressive. You probably won't even notice a difference.

Back