1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

93 F22a6 Non Vtec..to Prelude Vtec?

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> BA-BB /CA-CD' started by playtoy18, May 26, 2003.

1. playtoy18

playtoy18 Junior Member

i have a 93 accord f22a6.i don't want to swap engines,i would rather work with what i have got.but i don't have vtec and i would like to upgrade.will the vtec from the f22 prelude swap out easily?will the intake manifolds match?bolt right in?besides the change in wiring.also,is there a big difference in heads?exactly what parts from an f22 prelude will bolt in with little or no modification?
    any help would be appreciated,i am new to the import scene,so far i have built a slammed f/s chevy and a camaro convertible.feel like a change.anyway nice to meet you all.
    oh,did any of the preludes even have vtec??i'm not sure.

2. nwa21577

nwa21577 Junior Member

You can get a racing head package from gude.com
    it comes with a street raciing cam,gear,throttle body
    for about a 1,000 bucks or more it will give you about 55hp

3. dohcvtec_accord

dohcvtec_accord WRX Sellout

Alright, first off, the 92-96 Preludes with the F22 engines did not have VTEC. They were the same single-cam non-VTEC engines that came in the 90-95 non-VTEC Accords. It wouldn't be worth swapping that engine. You'd want either the H23 or H22 to swap in there. The OBD1 H22's came in 92-95 Preludes (93-95 here in the States), and were dual-cam VTEC engines.

Second, stay away from Gude. Their head packages are overpriced for what you get, mainly because you're not getting new cams, but reground old ones. Not a good idea.

4. playtoy18

playtoy18 Junior Member

would the vtec injection from a 95 f22b1 swap right onto my a6?or would i have to swap entire motor?i would rather just swap head and vtec intake and computer than swap in an h22.

5. dohcvtec_accord

Ummm, yeah, you CAN just swap the head, but you'll probably be paying about a grand to do that, and you'll get tops 10 horses at the wheels. Single-cam VTEC isn't all that special.

You'd be better off spending the time and money on building your engine for forced induction, or running it n/a.

6. playtoy18

playtoy18 Junior Member

why would it cost a grand?reason i want to know is i am looking at buying an f22b engine computer and tranny for like 200 bucks.could i not do the swap myself?or did you mean it would cost that much to pay someone to do it/?i usually do everything myself,i am pretty mechanical and have done some serious work on vehicles before,but i'm hitting a blank with these imports.

7. dohcvtec_accord

If you're getting it for that price, you could probably do the install for $750, all said. What I'm saying is, though, that the gains won't be all that impressive. You probably won't even notice a difference.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted