94 ACCORD 2 2.2 VTEC

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Okay am just wamting to check a few things as iam thinking of buying a second car and vtec'in it now the car is a 2.0l 16 valve so how would you work a 2.2 vtec into it if it came out a prelude what would be required mount wise wiring wise and other problems could you lot shed some light on this subject

Don't really understand the question...what are you trying to do? Are you thinking of swapping engines? If that is what you are looking to do there are about a biilion threads, articles and so forth when it comes to a swap...all you got to do man is look around and search. Good luck, but I think you will most likely find all the information you need if a swap is what your looking to do.

Check the top of this forum. Tab has an article on how to swap an engine into a 4th Gen Accord. Its pretty complete

sorry to be a pest but i know this sounds stupid but an L reg car would be a 4th gen wouldnt it

okay here goes dont slag me off have looke bout on various other web pages and looked up every were to see what would be required for doing this and need a few things clarified like the following questions which i cant seem to resolve

On a 5th generation accord

if the engine came out a 2.2 vtec prelude would the accords mounts all work in conjunction with the new engine ?

front and rear engine mounts how do you counter act the diffrent mounts with that of the prelude?

drive shafts would the accords shafts work?

and finally would i have to change the engine loom to that of the accords style of loom ?

these are the only questions i have got please help me out as have exhausted all forms of referrence now cheers.

easy, easy nuh :mad: !!!!! take time with him, if ya'll just take a second and read what the guy is sayin . i so happen to live in the united kingdom( england ) and would be delighted to assistance you .... now you want to swap a 2.2 vtec motor into your accord what year is accord and when was the liude regsistered late L or early L reg ?? do this and get back to me ok .... :cool:

Quoted post[/post]]
okay here goes dont slag me off have looke bout on various other web pages and looked up every were to see what would be required for doing this and need a few things clarified like the following questions which i cant seem to resolve

On a 5th generation accord

if the engine came out a 2.2 vtec prelude would the accords mounts all work in conjunction with the new engine ?

front and rear engine mounts how do you counter act the diffrent mounts with that of the prelude?

drive shafts would the accords shafts work?

and finally would i have to change the engine loom to that of the accords style of loom ?

these are the only questions i have got please help me out as have exhausted all forms of referrence now cheers.

These are the things I encountered with my 5th gen swap, but remind you this is USDM so Im not 100% sure if its the same in UK.

The driver's side mount you need is an aftermarket one made by Hasport. The 90-93 Accord mount didnt fit. The 94-97 Accord mount didnt and the 92-95 Prelude mount didnt either.
Depending on how handy you are, you can modify the a 90-93 Acc or 92-95 Lude mount to work with longer bolts and some metal cutting (removing the core from my 94 mount and putting it inline with the 92 Lude mount on the bolts to basically shim the mount with something very strong but flexible.)

You would need the int. shaft from the Prelude, but the rest are Accord.

We normally change the engine harness because the JDM ones are right hand drive, if both of your engines are right hand drive because you live in the UK, then I believe you'd be fine, especially if your Accord is an EX. Either way you'll have to wire a few things.

Everything else you might need to know is in Tab's article.

Back