94 Acura Integra LS

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

95preludesi

A friend of mine is selling his 1994 Acura Integra LS 5 speed w/235k miles on it for 1700 USD. He just replaced the water pump, timing belt, drive belts, clutch/slave master cylinder, and brake master cylinder.

I took it out for a drive and the car was surprisingly peppy with over 230k miles on the clock. However, I would be concerned to know the shelf-life this car has before the engine finally gives up the ghost.

Anyone here know anything about the reliablility of honda motors? I have read several reviews on the Integra and the consumer report rated it as a "buy." On the other hand, the fact that the car has 230k miles on it makes me believe that I might squeeze out another 30k or so before its new engine time. I know that the blue book value for this car is in the 2100-3000 range even with its mileage.

do you know if your friend beat on it alot? ex. drove it like he stole it? if not then it'll probably last you quite a bit with regular maintenance/oil honda's are reliable engines for sure

Honda engines are very reliable, but likehe said though regular maintenance and you would probably have to take it real easy. But, just go easy on it and it should last you a little while longer. Plus, when the motor goes up you can start from scratch with any power plant you want...hint... hint

Back