94 del sol Si w/ fresh b16a sir2 swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

4k and i don't finish putting it back together (needs exahust, interior pieces put together, and a good cleaning-- have everything though.

OK, I am sure i will change the exhaust anyway, and i don't mind fiddling with the interior. How similar is the exhaust set up to an EG? I want to drive it home rather than trailer it, so i might make something bare minimum to get it home without getting pulled over for deafening everyone i go by.

I am thinking some old cat i have laying around and a muffler welded to that that would just hang down the middle of the car and not bother to finish the exhaust, yet. Have the end of the pipe be still under the car.

it won't match an eg's exhaust... bends and lengths are different. if you plan to drive it home, i'll throw the exahust on it... but i'm not going to get a chance to do that for at least another week... i'm booked all this weekend, and the hatch is still in the garage, so doing an exahust in the driveway at night with no available jackstands is not a good idea... heh.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Aug 24 2005, 01:13 PM
it won't match an eg's exhaust...  bends and lengths are different.  if you plan to drive it home, i'll throw the exahust on it...  but i'm not going to get a chance to do that for at least another week...  i'm booked all this weekend, and the hatch is still in the garage, so doing an exahust in the driveway at night with no available jackstands is not a good idea...  heh.
[post=544566]Quoted post[/post]​

OK, that's fine. School starts this week for me, so i won't have time to make the trip up, unless i go at some rediculous time. You can wait to put the exhaust on and i can give you a hand when i come up, it'll also give me the chance to look the car over a bit more. take your time i still have to get the check from the insurance. and hope it is enough to buy the car and pay for transfer of title and all that. After that it is begging my parents to lend me more money. . .

4k and i don't finish putting it back together (needs exahust, interior pieces put together, and a good cleaning-- have everything though.

god damn, 4K for a B16 del sol....
you're getting a deal my friend...

the body is fine... its just got a couple dings... the pics make it look worse than it really is...

yeah, no radio at all... no speakers, nothing....

oh, and you have to be willing to sign a "I'm not responsible if you crash, due to the cut bumper support" paper...

i see no safety issue- if you're hitting that hard, you're hitting the freaking engine block anyway... but to protect my own ass.

oh, and i'm not in a big rush either... as long as its gone before october 1st, so i dont have to pay taxes on it again. lol

stereo = extra weight anyway
that torqueless wonder needs all the help it can get :D

the bumper support isn't completely gone is it?
i've had cars without em before, no biggy...
but i never wrecked em either...

oh, and you have to be willing to sign a "I'm not responsible if you crash, due to the cut bumper support" paper...

No problem, like you said the bumber support was 2/10th of a inch thick, a peice could easily be welded in, if deemed necessary.

yeah, no radio at all... no speakers, nothing....

I pulled out the stereo i put my car, before the insurance company claimed it, I am hoping i don't have to run new wires to the doors.

the body is fine... its just got a couple dings... the pics make it look worse than it really is...

My best firends dad owns a body shop i work at every now and then, he looked at the pics and thought nothing of it, "really simple to get out" he said.

Not going to buy it, hopefully you can find someone to.
I talked to this one guy locally and i can buy his sol for $600, no engine but i can put my old one in, skunk 2 coilovers, and 16" rims(not ideal but not huge).
Sorry if i got you hopes up, i didn't get nearly what i thought i would for the car, this route i can get out of debt rather than dig myself deeper.

sorry 'bout that, eventually this car will make someone else very happy.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Aug 24 2005, 11:59 PM
honeslty, i kinda figured you'd flake... everyone else has....

ohh well, good luck
[post=544917]Quoted post[/post]​

hey i didnt flake, no one wanted my car. haha

frosted_flakes.gif

i know you don't wanna hear this B, but me and my friend had a del slo and we had one hell of a time moving the thing...

it was only sohc vtec and kitted...
ended up having to trade for a 4 wheeler and then selling that...

ended up with about 4K from it though so you should be able to get at least that from yours with the b16...

you have it listed anywhere else?

everywhere but ebay at this point.....

i'm thinking about jsut keeping it at this point... its not worth selling it for less than 4. i'll part it out and scrap it instead.

Back