94 GSR into 97 CX

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Hey guys. I'm doing a 94 gsr swap into my 97 CX which has a D16Y8 (Canada Si/ Ex). I am wondering
what should I do for the wiring? Can I use the harness I have now, and if so, what will I need to wire? (i.e
knock sensor, dizzy etc...) Or would it be easier to buy an OBD1 wiring harness? I am also running different pistons (JDM P30's) and rods, will the stock OBD1 P72 ECU be alright, or should I chip it? Any help would be
great, thanks.

Quoted post[/post]]
Hey guys. I'm doing a 94 gsr swap into my 97 CX which has a D16Y8 (Canada Si/ Ex). I am wondering
what should I do for the wiring? Can I use the harness I have now, and if so, what will I need to wire? (i.e
knock sensor, dizzy etc...) Or would it be easier to buy an OBD1 wiring harness? I am also running different pistons (JDM P30's) and rods, will the stock OBD1 P72 ECU be alright, or should I chip it? Any help would be
great, thanks.

Does no one have any input??

since the motor is obd1 you would need a jumper harness from obd2 to obd1...you would need to hook up vtec, knock,IAB, and just extend some wires that needs to be extended..

Back