95 block, 99 head - B18C1, which dizzy?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

FuCoSPD said:
Cause you said OR rewire an obd2 dizzy... if im not mistaken an obd1 dizzy wontfit on an obd2 head. Just what ive learned from previous experience.

not true, same thing only difference is the connectors. if that were true then they wouldnt be backwards compatible by changing plugs.

The distributor for a 94 95 obd1 integra ls is modeled td46u while the obd2 is modeled td84u.. and they are not compatible... trust me i have them both and the td46u fit but it fit 180degrees backwards on the camshaft,.

were not talking about friggin non vtec distributors here, the question was about vtec distributors.

And here's another piece for ya, bacon farmer...you say they're identical internally? You sure about that? Rewire an OBD1 distributor with OBD2 plugs and plug it into a car with an OBD2 ecu and see how it runs. That's right dipshit, it won't. You HAVE to use the SAME OBD or NEWER distributor as your ECU. You can't use an OBD1 distributor with an OBD2 ecu. Sure, the internals may LOOK the same, but that doesn't mean they ARE the same.[/quote]

Not to say either are wrong, but my origina swap into my 92 eg was a 98 ls with the stock 98 ls harness AND distributor{single plug}, and it ran fine using an OBD1 ecu.

So, yes, it will work guys.

and btw, it is the same harness i am still using on my now gsr motor in the same 92 eg, ran vtec wires and using a gsr OBD2 distibutor currently, still on an OBD1 ecu, now with Hondata.

Back