1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

95 ex b16 swap auto to 5spd wiring help

Discussion in 'ECU's, Electronics, and Tuning' started by ilovekandypaint, Jul 7, 2010.

1. ilovekandypaint

ilovekandypaint resident paint pro

I've got a 95 ex that's auto and a b16a that I'm swapping in. I have all my mounts right, shiftlinkage, pedals, etc. I haven't made it to the wiring part yet but I would like to know in advance what I'm in for when I get there. I have a p30 ecu to use (manual of course). I was told by one person that everything under the hood is just matching up the plugs and that I will have to put the shifter thing from the auto in neutral and tuck it under the dash, is this true? The b16 came out of a 95 ex manual and it has the engine harness but the car harness was "tore all to hell" by the P.IO.

2. CAFROG

CAFROG Honda Minion VIP

3. ilovekandypaint

ilovekandypaint resident paint pro

Thanks that helped a bit. I would like to know if I need to run the wires from the reverse sensor since I am using a manual ecu. Also, I read a different post that said I could use my automatic gas/brake assembly and just add the clutch and replace the auto pedal with the manual pedal. It said this way I could use the auto throttle cable. Anyone with input to that. The reason I did my pedals this way is because the way the throttle and cruise cables attached to the manual throttle pedal. Last, does anyone know if there is a factory seam over where the person in this link just screwed a piece of sheetmetal over. I am trying to make this swap as oem as possible. In 99 I had a 97 prelude I swapped from a to m and it was a terrible pita, I'm thinking this will be simpler

4. CAFROG

CAFROG Honda Minion VIP

I say do it right and clean. Get the stuff from a donor car thats manual and dont cut corners

This is the best advise I can give you.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted