95 ex b16 swap auto to 5spd wiring help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ilovekandypaint

resident paint pro
I've got a 95 ex that's auto and a b16a that I'm swapping in. I have all my mounts right, shiftlinkage, pedals, etc. I haven't made it to the wiring part yet but I would like to know in advance what I'm in for when I get there. I have a p30 ecu to use (manual of course). I was told by one person that everything under the hood is just matching up the plugs and that I will have to put the shifter thing from the auto in neutral and tuck it under the dash, is this true? The b16 came out of a 95 ex manual and it has the engine harness but the car harness was "tore all to hell" by the P.IO.

Thanks that helped a bit. I would like to know if I need to run the wires from the reverse sensor since I am using a manual ecu. Also, I read a different post that said I could use my automatic gas/brake assembly and just add the clutch and replace the auto pedal with the manual pedal. It said this way I could use the auto throttle cable. Anyone with input to that. The reason I did my pedals this way is because the way the throttle and cruise cables attached to the manual throttle pedal. Last, does anyone know if there is a factory seam over where the person in this link just screwed a piece of sheetmetal over. I am trying to make this swap as oem as possible. In 99 I had a 97 prelude I swapped from a to m and it was a terrible pita, I'm thinking this will be simpler

I say do it right and clean. Get the stuff from a donor car thats manual and dont cut corners

This is the best advise I can give you.

Back