96-00 civic cx auto

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I still like my first idea of manual trans swap and a lil boost with possibly a Y8 intake mani if you can afford.

This sounds like an easier thing to do. If I added a lightweight flywheel, full catback exhaust w/ header, and a cold air intake while running at 6-8psi what kind of numbers would I be looking at?

Also, another question: My civic seems to be very hard to control at ~130-140 km/hr how could I reduce the sway on the highway? Beefier axles? Some sort of suspension mod?

a good start with suspension would be some Koni Yellow dampers and ground control springs. if you cant do dampers, just go with tein springs.

you dont run a header with a turbo buddy. nor a cold air intake. you have an exhaust manifold regardless ;)

i dont think you understand what goes into a turbo system. you need the turbo itself, an exhaust manifold, front mount intercooler, charge piping, wastegate, blow off valve, oil lines, coolant lines, injectors, an ecu tune, and more. all that alone can be had for ~$800 with a used turbo, ~$1200 with a decent brand new turbo. DO NOT get an ebay kit. i highly advise peicing together the entire turbo system from seperate individual parts. it can be more cost effective and give you better results (time to get the turbo spinning [spool time], air flow, and reliability). do yourself a HUGE favor and post up what you plan to buy before you do, or talk it over with a professional. too often i see impulse buys that end up with buyers remorse.

6-8psi on a Y7 to me sounds like too much to me for a daily driver. now i think you need to do a lot more reading on the subjust of forced induction. 6psi on a small turbo is nothing compared to 6psi on a large turbo. on a turbo sized appropriately for your motor, i'd expect no more than 4psi for a daily driver tune. maybe 6 on the upper level. to keep it reliable. someone else sholud really chime in as to what it can handle for sure. i dont have real world experiance with that motor. you can probably get 150whp. doesnt sound like much but it would be significant, and the sounds and feel of turbo is great. your motor is probably puttind out 100 or less. i've heard of 200whp on 10psi with stock internals, but they don't last that long.

as i see it
$800-$1200 for turbo system
$400 for trans (guess)
$600 labor

if you can pull that off and still find money to spare i say get the Y8 intake manifold. should be cheap, like ~$100, but it flows much better. more power.

read up!

Turbo Information - HondaSwap Forums
Reference Materials - HondaSwap Forums
General Tech Articles - HondaSwap Forums

Last edited:
I have a d16y8 boosted to 7 psi wit a tune n it barely makes 180 horse

What do you mean barely? You realize that if you're making 180 wheel horse on the dyno then your engine's making over 200, right? 180 wheel horse on a small Civic isn't bad at all...

Fucking bullshit. You are not making 350 horses to the wheels on a stock d-series with cams and bolt-ons. And it's VTEC, not "vtech". Also, dual exhaust is gay on a four cylinder engine...you're probably losing power with that, not making it...

You clearly have no idea what you're talking about. Either post a dyno chart and substantiate your outrageous power claims, or get the fuck out of here...

alright dueschebag if you got the balls to fucking make fun of me for my setup what the fuck do you got asshole hey fucktard i got it from the shop i had it dynoed at im runnin 228 to the wheels ok i might of exaggerated a bit but still im pushin a good amount of horses and so what how i spell vtec ill spell it vtech vtec veetek i dont give a flying fuck how i spell it asshole so you sir can eat shit and die

Last edited:
FG2CTSCS1_DYNO.JPG

and i ditched the dual exhaust i had 3 inch exhaust with a high flow cat installed and had a apex noir muffler installed because my old setup caused burnt valves which i knew before the dual catless but i was dumb and didnt take it into consideration but i replaced the valves and shit and my car is runnin nicely now :)

alright dueschebag if you got the balls to fucking make fun of me for my setup what the fuck do you got asshole hey fucktard i got it from the shop i had it dynoed at im runnin 228 to the wheels ok i might of exaggerated a bit but still im pushin a good amount of horses and so what how i spell vtec ill spell it vtech vtec veetek i dont give a flying fuck how i spell it asshole so you sir can eat shit and die

Since when is claiming 120 horses that you don't actually have "exaggerating a bit"?!? If you had said 250 to the wheels and the actual numbers were 220-230 whp, then yeah, that would be a small exaggeration. But claiming 350 to the wheels when you're only making 228? That's just straight-up bullshit...

If you're going to come on a site like this filled with Honda experts and lie, then at least try and make it sound believable...350 to the wheels on a D-series with bolt-ons? Not realistic, and everyone told you that shortly after you posted it...

You shouldn't have posted that dyno chart. In fact, you shouldn't have come back to this thread at all, you should have just let it go. You just completely destroyed any credibility that you have on this site...and you didn't have much to begin with...

Have fun getting trashed on by everyone...

Last edited:
lol not at all. i think the post failed at 'vtech'. backpressure anyone?

mikeyg man, i suggest you find a good shop in your area that's experianced with honda's. get an auto to manual swap, short shifter, and get a nice clutch and flywheel. that's going to be approx 1500 including labor. then get a Y8 intake manifold and some sort of intake assembly to replace the factory air box. the kind of intake that uses a cone. like a short ram (sometimes mistakenly called a cold air), or a cold air intake. the short ram is the little one that puts the cone filter up high in the engine bay, visible from the front with the hood open. a cold air intake routes piping down closer to ground level to scoop up the outside air before it gets heated by the engine and such. my suggestion. it's too much over 2k to swap in a (say) B16 or better motor that I think you'd want to.

noob note: some backpressure is GOOD for naturally aspirated [n/a] motors. no backpressure is GOOD for turbo. BAD for n/a.
but watch out for hydrolock! :(

Last edited:
hey you wanted to see my graph there it is whatsp with being such a dick? so what if i extremely over exaggerated let it go i fucked up and said the wrong thing, MY BAD

Since when is claiming 120 horses that you don't actually have "exaggerating a bit"?!? If you had said 250 to the wheels and the actual numbers were 220-230 whp, then yeah, that would be a small exaggeration. But claiming 350 to the wheels when you're only making 228? That's just straight-up bullshit...

If you're going to come on a site like this filled with Honda experts and lie, then at least try and make it sound believable...350 to the wheels on a D-series with bolt-ons? Not realistic, and everyone told you that shortly after you posted it...

You shouldn't have posted that dyno chart. In fact, you shouldn't have come back to this thread at all, you should have just let it go. You just completely destroyed any credibility that you have on this site...and you didn't have much to begin with...

Have fun getting trashed on by everyone...
im guessing you dont have much of a life seeing how you immediatley responded what are you on here 24/7?

hey you wanted to see my graph there it is whatsp with being such a dick? so what if i extremely over exaggerated let it go i fucked up and said the wrong thing, MY BAD

I think you're getting what you deserved in proportion to the extremity of your lie. Why would you even make such an outrageous claim if you knew that your car wasn't making anywhere near that much power?

Also, you're spreading misinformation. This site already gets hit about 100 times a day with newbies asking questions like "how do I get my D15 to make 300 horsepower?" The last thing we need is for them to come in here, read your crap, and then think they can make 350 wheel horse with intake/head/exhaust and a cam...

im guessing you dont have much of a life seeing how you immediatley responded what are you on here 24/7?

Resorting to petty insults about my personal life already?

And actually no, it's just a coincidence that we got on at the same time and started posting. I was on briefly around noon, but other than that I've been away from the computer all day...

ok you have had your fun with insulting me and i have tried insulting you seeing how it didnt work how about we start over?

with the past aside whats your take on adjustable coilovers are they worth it or should i just get a spring/shock setup

Back