96 ls into a 92 cx

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

92CX LS

ok i need yalls help!!!!! i have a 1992 civic cx (with a blown motor) and i have 1996 integra ls but it's been wrecked in the back. so i was wanting to know what do i need to do to put the motor in my civic???????

Check out the FAQ.

Basics, motor, transmission, mounts, shiftlinkage and axles. If you have a whole Integra than you have most everything. All you're going to need is the OBD I LS ECU.

alright thanx guys. ummmm..............about how much is one of those?

do i use the civic wiring harness or the ls wiring harness? and when i use the axles can i just use the front brakes and everything? and i'm doing a rear disc brake conversion. do i have to do any wiring ?(like o2 sensor) because some one told me i do.

Originally posted by 92CX LS@Apr 29 2005, 02:58 PM
do i use the civic wiring harness or the ls wiring harness? and when i use the axles can i just use the front brakes and everything? and i'm doing a rear disc brake conversion. do i have to do any wiring ?(like o2 sensor) because some one told me i do.
[post=492913]Quoted post[/post]​

No, the o2 will be fine. See, since you're using the LS harness, where the o2 is already located and wired in, it's all done, and if I am not mistaken, the wires are there already from teh canon plugs to the ECU, just the CX motor doesn't use them.

alright thanx again. i found a obd1 ls ecu on ebay its made by spoon. they want $174 for it. it says it will give me 20hp 15 torque. and my redline would be 8500. should i get it?

NO..it's complete garbage.

get a unmodified OBD1 PR4 or p75.

Anything that says it will give you more than 10 hp without FI or headswap is complete BS.

Now if you want to modify your ecu later you can easily do it with the moates.net, "uberdata kit". Then have it tuned, that may very well get you a few HP but any ECU/Chip or any other retarded sensors are probably going to do more harm then good. Every motor is different.

I wouldn't pay more than 75 bucks.

I paid 55 shipped for my PR4

I paid 65 shipped for my P75

I paid 65 to have it chipped and an LS basemap for my turbo setup.

Are you sure the obd1 ls ecu will work because the 96 motor is obd2

you have to use the obd1 ecu.

well you don't have to but your car is obd1, your engine will convert itself to obd1 when you put it in the hatch and plug it up. I've done that swap 3 times in my own cars and a few times in friends cars.

i have a 01 B18C running off an OBD-1 ECU in my car right now ... it works fine

when yall say plug it in do u mean plug my harness to the shock towers or into my ecu because some guy at my school said i could plug it ito my shock towers.

Back