97 b18 ls into 90 da swap help?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Tapia4doorda

Hi im new to Hondaswap but i need some help im getting a da this friday with a bad 98 ls motor into it...the guy told me the motor is convertid to obd1 i have a 97 integra that was hit in the qt and i dont use it any more i was wondering how hard would it be to put the 97 b18 ls engine into the 90 da and convert it to ob2? or conver the engine to ob1? idk which one would be cheaper and easier lmk and any one in houston area that wants to help in swap hit me up!! i stay in hwy 6 by i10

832-533-6537
Tapia

thnx hondaswap!

I just did this swap.. you are going to need a new motor mount on the passenger side.. as well as use the other DA motor mounts on the 98 engine

Take off the intake manifold, and distributor from the DA.. and connect them to the 98LS.. they line up perfectly.

You are going to have to swap alternators, because the plugs are not the same

there are 3 plugs in the back of the block.. two for sensing oil and coolant temperatures for turning on the fans.. and the other is the oil sending plug.. the oil sending plug , plugs right in.. the oil temperature sensor you do not use.. and the coolant sensor you have to switch pig tails because the 98LS fan temperature sensor is located on the thermostat housing..

basically you are just trading blocks.. if you are using the 98LS transmission you are going to need a clutch cable/ to hydro kit which innovative sells..

There is an extra coolant hose on the 91 da intake manifold and themrostat housing... it connects to this stupid useless valve that lets air in when detecting normal opperating temperatures.. The 94+ LS intake manifolds do not use this.. You can swap thermostat housings.. or do what i did and just block the extra coolant hoses with a screw/ or round object and clamp

any more questions let me know my AIM is beretta2211

Back