'97 civic with '97 h22a4 wiring questions

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

mikelane5

:confused: there is a 3 wire plug on the civic harness going to the crank pulley. but there is a 4 wire plug coming from the h22a4 crank pulley......also the dizzy on the h22a4 is external, what do i have to do to wire this up? I have heard something about getting a internal dizzy from an earliar model prelude....how hard would that be to wire up. I'm trying to wire up my buddy's car. I told him I could wire any b series but knew nothing about h series. Please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :worthy:

I dont hink anyone here knows but try to do some reaserch and you could find your answer.Good luck I want to do this swap also but in a eg hatch though.

Quoted post[/post]]
:confused: there is a 3 wire plug on the civic harness going to the crank pulley. but there is a 4 wire plug coming from the h22a4 crank pulley......also the dizzy on the h22a4 is external, what do i have to do to wire this up? I have heard something about getting a internal dizzy from an earliar model prelude....how hard would that be to wire up. I'm trying to wire up my buddy's car. I told him I could wire any b series but knew nothing about h series. Please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :worthy:
Is the harness setup for internal or external coil?
If you get an internal coil (Jdm h22) dizzy, you will need to jump two or 3 of the wires together from where the harness would NORMALLY be.
If you go external, you will need the coil, obviously, the harness that corresponds to the external coil and the right dizzy.
I'd stay external if you have the harness for external, and get the coil.
(I just noticed you are using the civic harness, i hope you added the wires you need and lengthened the ones you need to lengthen?)
Quoted post[/post]]
I dont hink anyone here knows but try to do some reaserch and you could find your answer.Good luck I want to do this swap also but in a eg hatch though.
I'm curious as to why you would say "i don't think anyone here knows?" ... You have 2 posts, and no one had replied yet...

Back