97 hatchback h22a swap... I GOTTA KNOW

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

kendawg386

alright guys i have searched and searched and searched and i am not having any SPECIFIC luck... i need to know where i can go like a site or something that will tell me EXACTLY what i gotta do and what i gotta buy like specialty parts... and believe me i have looked but all I keep finding is the argument on whether or not it is worth it or the handling is bad or whatever i have already made up my mind and i have an h22a sitting here and a 97 civic hatch sitting outside and i need to know how to get these two things together and what i gotta do to get this thing on the road ..

can anybody send me in the right direction and tell me how hard this swap is and where to go from now... i don't know much about civics because i have been driving my h22a 90 accord for the past 2 years and it is time to get something nicer to put that engine in... thanks

you need aftermarket mounts(like hasports) the shiftlinkage from an accord or prelude and custom axels(also from hasport or other). The rest is up to you, also if you use the prelude ecu and injectors you will probably need to wire in a resistor box.

let me make it easy i have the same car same motor, motor mounts,shifter and shift linkage from a accord or prelude, 90-93 accord intermediate shaft,90-93 integra axles,90-93 accord fuel rail, del sol top radiator hose integra ls bottom hose,a slim line fan or cut yours to fit.

hey guys thanks for the help so far... is this an easy swap or is there cutting or anything out of the ordinary involved... what kind price am i lookin at for an install or might it be simple enough??? the swap into my 90 accord was pretty much direct swap but i dunno if i will be able to do this or leave it up to the professionals???

if you still have your accord you will have alot of the parts you need in there, but all you have to cut is a place for the new shifter and linkage

hey guys will i still be able to have power steering and a/c??? some people say yes and others say no....... but others say if i buy a special mount kit or something.... what do yall say? i'm not too too worried about p/s but a/c is almost a must where i live cuz it is so dange humid and hot... let me know

jdmshit.com
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]HCP H22 AC Bracket - Bolts 92+ Civic SOHC AC Compressor To Bracket (Integra or 99-00 Civic Si AC Compressor Will Not Work)[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Use Dayco 5050360 or Goodyear Gatorback 4040410 belt[/FONT]

Back