97 honda civic 2dr.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

SiKoNe

Does anyone know of a company or a person that is making the steel cut outs for the tail lights on a honda civic. :shrug2:I am wanting to fill them in but want to weld in metal not fill with bondo or fiberglass that way it's lighter. :)

I'm not sure if anyone makes them, I've not seen anyone I should say. I have however, seen a guy use some ragged out old tail lights to make a thin fiberglass mold from and then fit them in and finish. I know you said you were interested in weight, but I couldn't see how a thin fiberglass "filler panel" would be any more weight than a sheet metal one. Not to mention, even if it were sheet metal, the weight savings would be miniscule IMO.

Well i am basically making it a show car. I was planning to fill the rear tail lights and then take a strip of LEDs for the rear blinkers and brake lights. The whole car is going to be silver so the LEDs would have a light coating of silver over them, giving it a shaved sleak look. Plus i dont really want to use the fiberglass cause of the stereo going into it, i dont want the panels to just pop off. I made the door fillers my self and welded them in to shave the door, but the rear has curves i dont know how to mess with, with out going to a body shop.

ok it a couple of step go get some aluminum sheeting from the local hardware store (15 bucks)
then trace the shpe of the tail light out buy tracing a piece od paper and transfering it to the aluminum.
Once you get the aluminum to fit snugley an look god trace it on to the sheet matal and make the corect bends, whola your done.
The reson for using aluminum is due to the ease of cutting and bending

Back