98 h22 into 94 accord?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

blatant

I have the possibility of picking up a wrecked 98 lude very cheap.
I have a 94 accord ex, my questions are as follows:
Wiring, what am I getting into here?; OBD1 to OBD2.
-also, what about the ecu wiring?
I/H/E, lude header, lude cai, accord exhaust?
Half axles, would the lude's fit?

You would either convert the harness you have to fit, and change a few parts, to convert to OBD 1,
or
Use the whole harness and all the stuff under the hood from the 98, and deal with a little wiring inside,
or
maybe buy a conversion harness to stay OBD1 and use the OBD2 motor as is.

I'd take the first choice. I believe you'd need to change the distributor, the injectors, and do a little wiring. Also, you'd need a OBD1 ECU. Of course you could resell your unused parts to offset the cost.

I/H/E, lude header, lude cai, accord exhaust?
Half axles, would the lude's fit?
YES. A little bit of modification will be necessary. I'd get the 92-95 header, as the newer lude downpipe is a different shape. It'll work, but it comes down far enough to scrape on the ground on hard bumps. Aftermarket headers are cheap on ebay. CAI may not be quite the right shape or length, but I'm sure you can figure something out. Axles will work fine.

CAI will work fine. I used a Prelude CAI for my Accord. He MAY need to shave a little off the connector piece to make it fit.

As for the header, take this into consideration. A 92-95 Prelude header will be too long, and a 97-01 Prelude header will be too short. Both will bolt to the head.

Originally posted by dohcvtec_accord@Dec 23 2003, 09:20 AM
CAI will work fine. I used a Prelude CAI for my Accord. He MAY need to shave a little off the connector piece to make it fit.

As for the header, take this into consideration. A 92-95 Prelude header will be too long, and a 97-01 Prelude header will be too short. Both will bolt to the head.

Well I know in camaros, long tube headers yielded more HP than shorties, the same hold true between these headers?

I meant the B-pipe at the bottom, not the runners that come off of the head. You're right, longer ones from the head are better. However, the length of the B-pipe won't make a difference in power, only how you treat the header-exhaust connection.

Originally posted by dohcvtec_accord@Dec 25 2003, 01:53 AM
I meant the B-pipe at the bottom, not the runners that come off of the head. You're right, longer ones from the head are better. However, the length of the B-pipe won't make a difference in power, only how you treat the header-exhaust connection.

So I should wait untill I do the swap before I get my exhaust system made?

Originally posted by blatant@Jan 2 2004, 05:12 PM
So I should wait untill I do the swap before I get my exhaust system made?

Definitely. You could make an educated guess on your lengths, but it's simpler just to wait. You can collect all the pieces you need, or add your catback right now. From Head to cat I'd wait on, because you need to put in a 02 sensor down below after the swap.

And, for OBD2, I believe you need another O2 sensor after the cat.

Back