98civic Disc brake swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

slammincivic

I've got a 98 civic lx with rear drums. I wanna get disc brakes in the rear, I've heard you can pull the disc brakes off of an EX but I dunno what I need. Can anyone help?
thanx in advance

get the whole rear trailing arm assembly, has the roter and caliper already attached to it, make sure it has the ebrake cables as well.

Originally posted by slammincivic@Jun 24 2003, 04:27 PM
I've got a 98 civic lx with rear drums. I wanna get disc brakes in the rear, I've heard you can pull the disc brakes off of an EX but I dunno what I need. Can anyone help?
thanx in advance

ex's don't have rear disc, only SI's do or you can use integra rear parts

I thought 6gen civic ex had optional rear discs?

Anyway what year/gen teg should I get the rear trailing arm assembly from?

I wanted to do this same thing and I was planning on needing SI trailing arms but has anyone seen or heard of a successful x-fer from a intergra to a civic on the trailing arms? that would save me from needing to find a SI trailing arm... cause I was already getting a wrecked teg to do my swap from and this would help a ton if it works.

Thanks

94-01 integra yes

I can say for sure that a 00 ex comes with the option of 4 wheel discs. That package is without abs and only a manual tranny.

Back