99 civic hood wont close

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

B18CIVIC

Well I hit a pothole the other day and when i got out i noticed my hood was popped up slighty, so i tried to close it and there was barely any tension when i pulled the hood release, to open the hood, so finally i kept jiggling it and it popped up enough to open the hood. But didnt notice anything. So i removed the bumper/grill to see what was going on, and tried to adjust the latch, but still hood wouldnt close properly. And I dont know if the cable is strecthed, latch is messed up or even possibly the hood is bent somehow? When i push down on it i hear the latch click twice but it wont stay at the second click.

Anyone have this problem b4, Im hoping its just the cable being strecthed out, but i cant tell.

Any Advice would help, thanks

Cable break possibly?
or theres a spring in the latch mechanism too..it may of popped out. the spring would provide tension for the cable. but if the cable broke, you wouldnt have been able to pop it with the handle inside. take a good look at the latch/mechanism

I looked at the support thing an i noticed it was basically smashing the radiator, but it didnt crack, so im not sure what i should bend, the support that was almost smashing the radiator or the two circular things that hold the bottom of the radiator? And is there any good points to pry it up cuz that shit barely budges?

Back