99 GS-R VTec swap into a 91 LS

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Gimpo

well to start off i've doen a ton of reading the past 2 days and i still don't know where to start, i have a 99 integra GS-R that the unibody was totaled i still have everything, i just baught a 91 LS and planed on droping my motor in it, i found out that i'm going to run into head aches with the wireing i know i need a OBD1 ECU either p72 or a chipped p28 skunk2 spec(i do plan on using a skunk2 mannie) my main concern is the harness, and re-wiring everything for the LS/OBD1 Conversion, anyone have links or a list of parts i need to get ahold of before i start pulling stuff out of the LS? any advice link books and help would be great. :)

first u need a cable tranny, second use ur 91 LS harness not ur GSR one.
and lastly 91 is OBD 0 not OBD1 so u need a OBD 0 ecu.

i was going to use my LS cable tranny.and i was thinking i could use either a OBD1 GSR harness or use the current OBD2 harness with a OBD1 ECU(which i want to get nayways) and conversion harness, this this not possible/bad idea?

i'd check the ratios for your LS tranny before deciding to use it on an otherwise stock GSR- the ratios are numerically higher, and while they are going to result in a higher top speed, i think they're going to hurt your acceleration to som extent

your best bet is prolly to use an OBD I harness with an OBD I P72- that's just my two cents- but i'd personally think that obd 0 --> obd 2 is gonna be a whore-

yup i've made up my mind oging all OBD1 now that i found a place i use beable to find OBD1 harnesses fairly easy, and for now i think i have to stick with the LS tranny, don't have the money for a new one yet and when i do i'm prolly going with a y1 or ys1, you guys have been a great help, and the guys at honda-tech have helped make sence of my ride too :)

ur car uses a cable tranny, u cant use the Y1 unless u convert everything over to a Hydro tranny.

YS1 cable GSR is the best tranny for ur setup IMO

Back