99 GSR WITH 96 JDM ITR motor swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

tayninhnn

can someone help me? i have 99 gsr got stolen, now i bought the 96 JDM itr swap, so which ecu should i use? I am Arizona, emission test require.

Honda civics obd2a are from 96-98 and 99-00 are obd2b. 00 -01 integras are obd2b, u need an ecu from a 96-99 integra .

you need to run a obd2a p73 JDM ecu. no other one will work. if you run any other ecu your vtec will not work. i have that same motor on my integra.

Quoted post[/post]]
you need to run a obd2a p73 JDM ecu. no other one will work. if you run any other ecu your vtec will not work. i have that same motor on my integra.

If he wants to pass emmisions his only chance is to use a usdm ecu. Also the intake manifold, throttle body, and exhaust manifold should be swapped for usdm parts because if arizona is strict then these may cost you a pass. Also you have to get the motor registered to the US. Good luck.

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]

If he wants to pass emmisions his only chance is to use a usdm ecu. Also the intake manifold, throttle body, and exhaust manifold should be swapped for usdm parts because if arizona is strict then these may cost you a pass. Also you have to get the motor registered to the US. Good luck.

AZ does not seem to be strict. The car I just registered is a 92EG with a 95GSR. It would probably pass anywhere, even CA, but AZ didnt really look. First step was emmissions,where they have no idea or really care as to what motor is in there. There only concern was a missing charcoal canister. They have no lists of parts. all they seemed to care is its got a catylitic converter, charcoal canister, no vacumn lines hanging off, and pass the dyno test.

Next was the title. I had to have a level 3 inspection because the car was from out of state on a salvage title. They scratched their heads a bit over the vin on the front clip and dash matching each other but not the one on the door jamb (left reaf quarter was replaced - salvage title. They basically just looked to see that the car wasnt going to scatter itself all over the road and that none of the vins (since I have two), or the serial on the motor came back stolen, and that was it.

I think the law is modeled on California that a swap has to be same year or newer engine. But I don't think they have any information on how to tell that. I don't know that, but I didn't see any real in depth checking.

Back