99 Honda Civc Lx / Wanting to do a B16 swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

silvciv99

Hi, I have a 99 honda civic lx automatic with a sohc non-vtec motor and I am about to complete the 5spd conversion on the car minus the tranny but the car is obd2 and I want to swap a b16 motor into the car. What b16 model should i put into the car that will be the easiest swap? I can get a b16a2 swap out of a 99-00 si right now but I wanted to use the si wiring harness instead of the lx harness so I don't have to wire in vtec and the knock sensor....what would be my best bet and easiest wiring set up...thanks for any help.

if you wanna keep the car obd2 then yes this is yor best bet. be sure you get the p2t ecu from the si as well because the ecu plugs are different than any other obd2 set up. if you get the motor,trans,harness and ecu it will be essentionally be a plug/play affair good luck buddy

definitely keep the car obd2 for sure cause i have a obd1 b16a jdm engine in my 00 civic si and its a paint to get running right.

Back