99 SI turbo setup

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ok kiddies....dont be focusing too much on psi (boost). that is not what breaks motors. hp breaks things. however the pressure has an effect on ring lands. the goal is to find a decent hp level with out having to run 23478psi to get there. the b16 is very strong. 250hp is a good goal. the t4 may be a little on the big side for this build. id go for a largeish t3.

ok kiddies....dont be focusing too much on psi (boost). that is not what breaks motors. hp breaks things. however the pressure has an effect on ring lands. the goal is to find a decent hp level with out having to run 23478psi to get there. the b16 is very strong. 250hp is a good goal. the t4 may be a little on the big side for this build. id go for a largeish t3.
I agree. Sell the T4 and I'm assuming bigger intercooler. Should should make enough bank to be able to buy something more suited for your needs.

lol obviously there's soo much crap posted here now blanco hasnt even touch it! haha...

i'm not gonna touch it either, except to tell you to get a 3bar map when running over 9~10lbs of boost... 4-6 on stock internals is normal

why would you need a 3 bar map sensor? the factory one reads up to 11.

if your running 10lbs of boost on the dot, why dont you want any overhead just incase something goes wrong and you boost over, then the sensor can still read it. AND that's a disputed number. some say 10, some say 11, why risk it.

Convert it to obd1 first... theres no way to chip the obd2 ecu from a 99' si. 8 psi is fine on stock internals like people before said too . As long as its getting enough fuel, you'll be fine.

Convert it to obd1 first... theres no way to chip the obd2 ecu from a 99' si. 8 psi is fine on stock internals like people before said too . As long as its getting enough fuel, you'll be fine.

Hondata supports OBD2 99-00 Civic ECU's according to this:
Application Selection Wizard

It gives you the option for S100, S200, and S300, but on their homepage they make it clear they are only offering S100 and S300 from now on.

Im pretty sure you have to install hondata in an obd-I ecu, then use a obd2-obd1 jumper harness to make it work.

Back