A/C and P/S question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

grod_07

I swapped a OBD1 GSR engine in my 98 Civic Ex. Of course the GSR pumps does not connect right on the Ex lines. I'm going to buy a 2000 SI A/C compressor and P/S pump for 10 bucks each. Pretty good deal:clapping: Well my question is do I need to change out the old brackets and hardware to get it to fit and work properly and is this the right buy? If so, what do I need to do to get it to fit and work properly.

I don't think that you will be able to get either one of those to bolt up. I just put a GSR Auto into a 98 4dr and I had to buy a a/c bracket from a Del Sol for $100 on Ebay. That let me keep all the A/C lines and compressor the same. I think that the A/C compressor will bolt up, but you will have problems when you try and connect the lines.

As far as the power steering. I took and cut the old fitting off of the GSR line and welded it to the Civic line. I also run a fabrication shop, so this was a little easier for me to do, however I believe that you can replace the whole pressure line with one from a 1994-2000 integra and it will be a bolt on process. If you do this, losen the old line from the rack and pinion before putting the engine back in as it isn't the easiest to do with the engine in the way!

Hope that helps!

Back