A/C Compatible Ramhorn manifold comparison...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Psst, the kit brings a non/ac compatible manifold which I would not have use for and then I would have to spend an additional grand or close enough for the manifold that I want plus the dump tube. That and the turbo's are different.
Well i emailed them a few months ago asking how much extra would they charge for the a/c compatible manie rather than the non and they said $200 bucks. So its worth looking into. Just emailed them again from my work email address to make sure they would still do it....Just for you sweetie

Just how much power are you trying to make, Luis?

*in Dr. Evil's voice* A billion or maybe a *holds pinky to side of mouth* meeleeon whp? :D

400+ is what Calesta is guesstimating that my build will probably end up at. I believe he said that 330whp was being very conservative. I may end up shooting for 400whp since it seems achieveable and the fact that the car will be set up to handle it.

*in Dr. Evil's voice* A billion or maybe a *holds pinky to side of mouth* meeleeon whp? :D

400+ is what Calesta is guesstimating that my build will probably end up at. I believe he said that 330whp was being very conservative. I may end up shooting for 400whp since it seems achieveable and the fact that the car will be set up to handle it.

And which bottom end?

Sleeved?

And which bottom end?

Sleeved?

Tisk tisk...I think all of that info is my build thread. It's a sleeved GSR block, bored to 85.5mm with the oil squirters blocked off by Endyn and rods of course.

Tisk tisk...I think all of that info is my build thread. It's a sleeved GSR block, bored to 85.5mm with the oil squirters blocked off by Endyn and rods of course.

Sorry mang, I've been looking at so many build threads lately its not even funny.

Geebus, Luis, that's going to be a fun ride. You better post lots of pics :D

Sorry mang, I've been looking at so many build threads lately its not even funny.

Geebus, Luis, that's going to be a fun ride. You better post lots of pics :D

I hope so. It's definitely going to cost a lot. haha Still, I don't care. It's been an over ten year dream of mine and I'll be damned if I don't make it as fun as I can. haha Pictures will be posted all over the place...along with pictures of me panhandling at corners, asking for spare change to put gas in my car. :D

I hope so. It's definitely going to cost a lot. haha Still, I don't care. It's been an over ten year dream of mine and I'll be damned if I don't make it as fun as I can. haha Pictures will be posted all over the place...along with pictures of me panhandling at corners, asking for spare change to put gas in my car. :D

Haha, man I know how that is. I'm struggling to get money together to get an exhaust on my car, I need to get some of the bends reworked, and I cant even save up enough for that! :ph34r:

At least gas is SEMI cheap for now..

Have you figured out how much it's going to cost to finish your build? From my end we could have quite an extensive conversation as to how much it is going to cost me. Wooo.

Have you figured out how much it's going to cost to finish your build? From my end we could have quite an extensive conversation as to how much it is going to cost me. Wooo.

Do you have MSN, Luis? It'd be much easier to talk on there. PM me your address if you do.

my old car (which had the non-ac kit):

DSC00914.JPG

DSC00976.JPG

DSC00977.JPG

DSC00904.JPG

DSC01156.JPG

DSC00611.JPG

DSC00514.JPG

1638_1095623618.jpg

Thanks for posting that, B. :thumbsup: I had your link for Hondashowoff and your old thread but eh, I'm never on a single computer long enough to keep CRAP!

What type of radiator did you end up with? From what I know that kit requires a half size and eh, though I haven't gotten there yet, it would be cool to know any suggestions for a radiator.

Just like the avian flu, I have to spread the rep around more. Thanks again man. I really appreciate the pics.

Last edited:
PWR rad. it sucked. didn't fit the feet right, didn't have proper mounts for the fan.

go with a fluidyne if you're going aftermarket, or a del sol dohc vtec model rad. its dual core and still half size.

but, the ac kit should fit with the std radiator in there. i'd ask FR.
my kit was one of the first ones they produced. its changed a lot since 2003 when i bought it.

PWR rad. it sucked. didn't fit the feet right, didn't have proper mounts for the fan.

go with a fluidyne if you're going aftermarket, or a del sol dohc vtec model rad. its dual core and still half size.

but, the ac kit should fit with the std radiator in there. i'd ask FR.
my kit was one of the first ones they produced. its changed a lot since 2003 when i bought it.

I remember the problems you had from your thread with that radiator. Didn't you use the wrong JB weld?

I'm hoping to end up with a Del Sol vtec radiator. I know that you have to shave the power steering bracket in order to retain it. Did you have to shave your ps bracket?

I shouldn't have HAD to jb weld it in the first place. All the mount tabs broke off. it's a POS. they should stick to intercoolers. that worked good :)

shave isn't the word. i basically die grinded off the whole corner of it (and it took a whole cut off wheel to do it... some thick ass metal on that mount).

DSC00563.JPG

DSC00565.JPG

DSC00607.JPG

shave isn't the word. i basically die grinded off the whole corner of it (and it took a whole cut off wheel to do it... some thick ass metal on that mount).

I'm thinking it would be wise for me to have the kit installed professionally then, even though I do not doubt my mechanic's ability. Still, it's not like the car wouldn't get towed to get tuned as I do NOT want to fire it up without tuning it. I'll figure out/cross that bridge when I get to it.

What made you get that particular kit?

Back