A Celerity Rant

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Dude, you're an intelligent american. Why are you wasting your time at these shit jobs ?

I know that the market isn't what Ross Perot predicted for us, but still. Get into the trades - Plumbing, HVAC, Roofing for christ sake. Steal a ladder. I mean shit, you're gonna have to save for 6 months for that disco potato.

My buddy did HVAC assistant for 3 months, they paid his training (in house) and within 6 months he went from $12 an hour to $16 an hour with benefits as a foreman.

The trades are the new I.T. sector. All aboard!

-> Steve

You didn't seem to catch that I started another job, 9/hr 25-35 hrs a week.

All I do is clean shit. easy as fuggin pie....once we start getting more clients I could be making up to 50 grand a year...cleaning shit! Hell, if we get big enough all I have to do is sit back and let the money roll in whilest I have a few workers under me that I manage do all the work. 50 Gs a fuckin year for managing a few places!! rock on huh?

Plumbing, HVAC, Roofing for christ sake. Steal a ladder. I mean shit, you're gonna have to save for 6 months for that disco potato.

Plumbing...I'm not good with piping, or the smell of waste material..., what is HVAC? hehe and roofing, usually around here thats a union-led career...I refuse to join a union.

I don't think delivering is a shit job. It has been paying the bills for 4 months now, without this job I would be sitting in my parents basement freezing my ass off living under their roof under their bullshit rules still getting yelled at. This job is the best thing to happen to me since I found the Si. I :worthy: to this delivery job. But I'm not going to be there forever Y0.

i dunno mang i do deliveries for a living and i make anywhere from $500 - $700 per week (un taxed)
i could make more if i felt like putting in the extra time .. i just dont :)
and i dont get any tips

i think you guys are just delivering the wrong things

im with E. when i worked at dominos, id work 25 or so hours a week, and bring home ~200 in tips and a $90 paycheck. i almost miss that job.

I swear no one without a job or under 18 should be allowed to order pizza.

isnt that the fucking truth... but yea delivering pizza is the only job ive had where i can get alot of real world driving experience/smoke pot on the job/ look at hot highschool girls and their hot moms/drag race hillbillies in trucks/get offered 3 somes with a hubby wife(which i turned down)/not call not show up then just show up the next day and nothing is said/ get away with speeding/ and i even make about 10-15 an hour... but godamnit it can be stressful... for those of you who have never had a service job this is what we fear... the rush... its where everyday everyone just decides they want fucking pizza... it can change in times and intensity but there is always this guarantee it will come... oh yea and when you order pizza if your house isnt numbered plz give specific directions it isnt hard and will help you get your pie alot quicker...

Back