A couple pics of my Setup

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

the thing that kills you engine bay is that header/manifold/rusted/brown thing your using. Otherwise I guess it doesn't look too bad. Red would compliment it a little better.

thats gone now.....

It sounded pretty crappy actually.

I didn't get pics but I got my 2.5" DP and started to modify it to fit my shit.

I also decided to delete the "cat" and got myself a nice 18" 2.5" pipe to replace it. Since I'm modifying my DP anyway I think I'll just extend it instead of making a test pipe. I don't have emissions where I am and I never get my cars inspected anyway.

I want the IC pipes....then I can start the bitch up.

I want the IC pipes....then I can start the bitch up.

did you check ebay for the IC pipes..They are prettty cheap...They have That DIY kit....I think it even comes with the couplers...

Im gonna start mines this week....all I need now is a couple of couplers and thats it...Weld weld weld....I suck at it....ask civiclxb16(shaun)..He'll tell ya..lol

Good Luck....

kteller :thumbsup:

I think the total was like $126 with extra piping.

I ordered some couplers. Brian swears they're gonna blow off but I dunno. If they do then I'll buy those full-race ones he linked me too.

I'm TERRIBLE at welding, bad enough where I wouldn't even attempt it on this project. I have to find some time so I can take some classes, maybe this summer.

Originally posted by 92civicb18b1@Apr 3 2005, 03:03 PM
kteller :thumbsup:

I think the total was like $126 with extra piping.

I ordered some couplers. Brian swears they're gonna blow off but I dunno. If they do then I'll buy those full-race ones he linked me too.

I'm TERRIBLE at welding, bad enough where I wouldn't even attempt it on this project. I have to find some time so I can take some classes, maybe this summer.
[post=482105]Quoted post[/post]​

I dont think they'll blow off just like that...I know that the ones hes talking about are nice, but damn they are pricey ass hell...dont you think....My buddies and I never had a problem with the cheap couplers....
Just get those...They should be fine.....

Yep, defenitly a little pricey. But if I could weld good I would defenitly have invested in those from the start.

I had cheap couplers on my old setup, I didn't have it long enough for me to actually my opinion on them though.

bring your pipes to a metal shop, have them weld them. mock them up and mark on the ends of the pipes with lines showing where they meet so you can take them out piece by piece. am i confusing myself?

Originally posted by Seany-izzle@Apr 3 2005, 04:36 PM
bring your pipes to a metal shop, have them weld them. mock them up and mark on the ends of the pipes with lines showing where they meet so you can take them out piece by piece. am i confusing myself?
[post=482136]Quoted post[/post]​

yeah you can do that too.....oohh shi*, just get the ones from ebay...(KTELLER)
That will work.....f*ck it
:p

yea that was my plan.

gotta bring my DP to be welded tomorrow or tuesday.

If my pipes get here by then, then I'll have those done too.

Originally posted by 92civicb18b1@Apr 3 2005, 05:57 PM
yea that was my plan.

gotta bring my DP to be welded tomorrow or tuesday.

If my pipes get here by then, then I'll have those done too.
[post=482172]Quoted post[/post]​

so did you end up getting those from ebay?

nah, i bought them from kteller, i guess they sell it on ebay too but I bought it from their site.

Total was 126 with some extra piping.

35 for a bunch of couplers also..

I think I made out well so far with the IC pipes and IC around $300 for the JRC, kteller pipes and couplers.

Now as for me modifying the DP, should I extend it or make a removeable test pipe. it will be around the same price. Removeable test pipe will be about $20-30 more and a week waiting for the flanges.

Here's a few more pics...

Just cause I'm bored and havent done shit with it.

gallery_28741_116_3891.jpg

My bored TB, needs a little more work, I know, but it isn't bad.

gallery_28741_116_23510.jpg

A better shot of my turbo. Damn it's small..

The darkness around the coolant line is from WD-40....cause I know someone is going to ask.

gallery_28741_116_17357.jpg

End of my DP, 3" Flex pipe mated to my Paceshitter. Gotta do the mock-up for the DP. I know the pic is backwards also...I'm too lazy to flip it.

gallery_28741_116_11017.jpg

Upper part of my DP.

gallery_28741_116_10663.jpg

Shitty pic of the "corrected slant" of the IC. Yes thats a crappy jar of SuperTech oil...for the prelude. Yes that's a crappy Campbell Impact.

That's all

i looked at that last pic real fast and thought that was a nail gun on the ground i was like wtf!!! haha.......nice setup

I got my DP flange and my IC pipes...Last pieces..Whoopppeee

I have to try to get to the machine shop before they close today. I marked up the flange and pipe so all they gotta do is weld away.

I'm still waiting for the coupler's but when they come I'll get the mockup for the IC pipes and mark those cause I can't sit and cut them with the dremel, Maybe I'll have them welded also or just get the a better tool to cut them with.

Oh well no pictures right now.

Got my DP welded up today...for free (gotta love mieneke)

Going to get part of my charge pipes welded up in a few minutes.

Then I can start it....I'll take a video of start up.

Back