a lil faster

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ulopez1

i have a eg with a d15 vtec obd1 and i was wondering what cant i do to make it a lil more faster :ph34r:

Nitrous, cam+headwork, higher compression pistons(in this case it would be hard-to-find D17 GX pistons or switching to shorter modified B16 rods), etc.

the best bang for your buck is of course going FI such as turbocharging. but then you also have to get it tuned. or start with the simple stuff if you don't want to go that rout, intake, header, exhaust, cam, things like that

in my opinion the only thing worth doing to a sohc motor is turbo. putting parts on it trying to make power all motor is a waste of time.

or just swap it for a b series vtec motor :D

yeah if u want a small bump in power, go with intake, header, and exhaust, a better clutch. then take out your power steering and a/c, which would free up hp, and unbolt all your heat shielding under the car. buy some motor mount inserts and get some decent lowering springs and better wheels n tires. get your ecu chipped and get tuned. and strip your trunk out. this will make a fun to drive car and a good start towards anything else u would want to do. and try to take out as much weight as u can. the lighter your car is, the faster it will go with the same power.

I really hate it when people say "take some weight out of the car to make it faster". Yes, it's true, but you have to remove quite a bit of stuff to be noticeably faster. And, not everyone wants to drive around in a car that has it's interior and back seats torn out...

in my opinion the only thing worth doing to a sohc motor is turbo. putting parts on it trying to make power all motor is a waste of time.

Not unless you know what you're doing. :p

BTW, some Puerto Rican dude just hit low 12s(very close to 11s, like 12.1s) a couple months ago on a all-motor D16Z6. Very impressive for a "simple" build.

Back