a questions about putting a new front end on the 91

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

After all the talk of how shitty ebay car parts are, you're gonna buy brakes off of it?

That's the dumbest and funniest thing i've ever heard

First off, nobody mentioned E-Bay here. He said he was going to buy it off of Craig's List, not E-Bay. And second, there is absolutely NOTHING wrong with buying parts from E-Bay. You can often find quality, name-brand parts on E-Bay for cheaper then anywhere else. The problem is with "E-Bay Parts", i.e. people that sell extremely cheap and junky parts in bulk online. These parts should be easy to recognize. A header for $30? Probably crap. Lowering springs for $20? Probably crap.

The point here is, there's nothing wrong with buying stuff from E-Bay. Just don't buy crap on E-Bay. And the crap is easy to spot...just use the old "if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is" mantra...

First off, nobody mentioned E-Bay here. He said he was going to buy it off of Craig's List, not E-Bay. And second, there is absolutely NOTHING wrong with buying parts from E-Bay. You can often find quality, name-brand parts on E-Bay for cheaper then anywhere else. The problem is with "E-Bay Parts", i.e. people that sell extremely cheap and junky parts in bulk online. These parts should be easy to recognize. A header for $30? Probably crap. Lowering springs for $20? Probably crap.

The point here is, there's nothing wrong with buying stuff from E-Bay. Just don't buy crap on E-Bay. And the crap is easy to spot...just use the old "if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is" mantra...

ah for some reason I thought ebay, and ebay brand parts. My mistake. I agree that you can buy good stuff there. Got an intake manifold from ebay. I just thought he was talking about those ebay high performance 30 dollar kits

Back