A Quiz For People Who Know Everything

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

yup, because it CLEARLY STATES "without the batter getting hit"

so you loose

Originally posted by revolution8k@Apr 15 2004, 08:08 AM
who said I cheated? are you calling me stupid?

No, just the way it is written is "your style" of writing. :p

Hahaaa HA Busted !

However, Braces, Tildes, Brackets Ellipses and Paren aren't punctuation - They are edit marks as far as I can figure.

And what's with the baseball ? Why do intelligence tests cover so much goddam baseball, and little to nothing about Bowling !

-> Steve

Originally posted by Smonkeyboy@Apr 15 2004, 01:02 AM
hahaha i got 1more.

11. KIWI

a kiwi's seeds are on the inside, they just has a fury skin.
so nope that's wrong.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Apr 15 2004, 03:22 AM

so you loose

:owned:

When are you ever going to spell it right Brian? You're such a "looser." :)

Originally posted by revolution8k@Apr 15 2004, 12:53 AM
[
(3.) Asparagus and rhubarb.
(5.) Strawberry.
(6.) The pear grew inside the bottle. The bottles are placed over pear buds when they are small, and are wired in place on the tree. The bottle is left in place for the whole growing season. When the pears are ripe, they are snipped off at the stems.
(8.) Period, comma, colon, semicolon, dash, hyphen, apostrophe, question mark, exclamation point, quotation marks, brackets, parenthesis,
braces, and ellipses.

those were the only ones i got, #3 exactly as you said it.

for #8, i just looked at my keyboard lol

#7 i said propere names: Dwight, dwayne, and um, something else.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Apr 15 2004, 03:22 AM

so you loose

The actual quiz had one more baseball question as number 4, so I had to redo the numbers. :)

No, just the way it is written is "your style" of writing.

Is or isn't my style of writing? :hmm: I'm lost...

Besides, you've never seen me write a story or a poem, so you really can't tell what my style is.

internet typing and writing stories long hand are waayyy different. ;)

But yeah I googled the answer... :gives: cause I still had as many as B before I did. :)

My mom used to grow rhubarb all the time...hated it, but I knew it was considered a vegetable that didn't have to be replanted every year.

I also knew that you can't shape a bottle around a pear, so it HAD to have been grown inside the bottle.

niagra=the epitome of ALL erosion....well besides mt rushmore and the grand canyon...or pretty much any stream of moving water anywhere in the world.

Originally posted by revolution8k+Apr 15 2004, 01:53 AM-->
senate_9427
@Apr 14 2004, 10:05 PM

(1) There's one "sport" in which neither the spectators nor the participants know the score or the leader until the contest ends. What is it?

(2) What famous North American landmark is constantly moving backward?

(3) Of all vegetables, only two can live to produce on their own for several growing seasons. All other vegetables must be replanted every year. What are the only two perennial vegetables?

(4) Name the only sport in which the ball is always in possession of the team on defense, and the offensive team can score without touching the ball?

(5) What fruit has its seeds on the outside?

(6) In many liquor stores, you can buy pear brandy, with a real pear inside the bottle. The pear is whole and ripe, and the bottle is genuine; it hasn't been cut in any way. How did the pear get inside the bottle?

(7) Only three words in standard English begin with the letters "dw." They are all common. Name two of them.

(8) There are fourteen punctuation marks in English grammar. Can you name half of them?

(9) Where are the lakes that are referred to in the "Los Angeles Lakers?"

(10) There are seven ways a baseball player can legally reach first base without getting a hit. Taking a base on balls-a walk-is one way. Name the other six.

(11) It's the only vegetable or fruit that is never sold frozen, canned, processed, cooked, or in any other form but fresh. What is it?

(12) Name six or more things that you can wear on your feet that begin with the letter "S."

(1.) Boxing.

(2.) Niagara Falls. The rim is worn down about 2 and a half feet each year because of the millions of gallons of water that rush over it every minute.

(4.) Baseball.

(5.) Strawberry.

(6.) The pear grew inside the bottle. The bottles are placed over pear buds when they are small, and are wired in place on the tree. The bottle is left in place for the whole growing season. When the pears are ripe, they are snipped off at the stems.

(7.) Dwarf, dwell, and dwindle.

(8.) Period, comma, colon, semicolon, dash, hyphen, apostrophe, question mark, exclamation point, quotation marks, brackets, parenthesis,
braces, and ellipses.

(9.) The lakes are in Minnesota. The team was originally known as the Minneapolis Lakers, and kept the name when they moved west.

(10.) Batter hit by a pitch; passed ball; catcher interference; catcher drops third strike; fielder's choice; and being designated as a pinch runner.

(11.) Lettuce.

(12.) Shoes, socks, sandals, sneakers, slippers, skis, snowshoes, stockings, and so on.

what do I win?

If anyone wanted to know these are the answers,a nd yes they are copied off the site that i got this from, or atleast from a version of this test, but they're word for word from where i got them. ;)

Originally posted by senate_9427+Apr 15 2004, 09:04 PM-->
Originally posted by revolution8k@Apr 15 2004, 01:53 AM
senate_9427

(1) There's one "sport" in which neither the spectators nor the participants know the score or the leader until the contest ends. What is it?

(3) Of all vegetables, only two can live to produce on their own for several growing seasons. All other vegetables must be replanted every year. What are the only two perennial vegetables?

(4) Name the only sport in which the ball is always in possession of the team on defense, and the offensive team can score without touching the ball?

(6) In many liquor stores, you can buy pear brandy, with a real pear inside the bottle. The pear is whole and ripe, and the bottle is genuine; it hasn't been cut in any way. How did the pear get inside the bottle?

(7) Only three words in standard English begin with the letters "dw." They are all common. Name two of them.

(8) There are fourteen punctuation marks in English grammar. Can you name half of them?

(10) There are seven ways a baseball player can legally reach first base without getting a hit. Taking a base on balls-a walk-is one way. Name the other six.

(11) It's the only vegetable or fruit that is never sold frozen, canned, processed, cooked, or in any other form but fresh. What is it?

(12) Name six or more things that you can wear on your feet that begin with the letter "S."

(1.) Boxing.

(2.) Niagara Falls. The rim is worn down about 2 and a half feet each year because of the millions of gallons of water that rush over it every minute.

(4.) Baseball.

(5.) Strawberry.

braces, and ellipses.

(9.) The lakes are in Minnesota. The team was originally known as the Minneapolis Lakers, and kept the name when they moved west.

(10.) Batter hit by a pitch; passed ball; catcher interference; catcher drops third strike; fielder's choice; and being designated as a pinch runner.

(11.) Lettuce.

(12.) Shoes, socks, sandals, sneakers, slippers, skis, snowshoes, stockings, and so on.

what do I win?

If anyone wanted to know these are the answers,a nd yes they are copied off the site that i got this from, or atleast from a version of this test, but they're word for word from where i got them. ;)

Yeah...I googled it up and found the exact questionnaire plus one more question...I just ctrl+C and P'd it all up on here. :)

Well if those are THE answers then they screwed up. You don't reach base in baseball with just a passed ball. You can reach when it is a passed ball if it is the third strike, but only if there is no runner on 1st as well. You can also reach base without a hit when someone commits an error.

Originally posted by revolution8k+Apr 16 2004, 06:24 AM-->
Originally posted by senate_9427@Apr 15 2004, 09:04 PM
Originally posted by revolution8k@Apr 15 2004, 01:53 AM
senate_9427

(1.) Boxing.

(4.) Baseball.

(5.) Strawberry.

braces, and ellipses.

(11.) Lettuce.

what do I win?

Yeah...I googled it up and found the exact questionnaire plus one more question...I just ctrl+C and P'd it all up on here. :)

And you got in a tiff because I said you cheated...cheater :p

shit I had more than half answered before I looked it up.

I think those have been posted up before back in my early days on here. :lol:

Originally posted by FutureITRCiv@Apr 14 2004, 11:43 PM
the lakers were originally from minnesota

cuz we are the land of 10000 lakes

1) lottery
2) i didn't know until i saw some answers.
3) asparagus and ??
4) baseball
5) strawberry
6) i assume the alcohol makes the unripe fruit ripen
7) dwarf, dweeb, dwindle, dwelling... i think there is MORE than 3 hehe, however, dweeb is 'slang' so... use the others.
8) comma, parentheses, semicolon, colon, exclamation point, period, question mark, apostrophe, quotation marks...
9) i have no idea. possibly the man made lakes of the 'golden state' no clue here.
10) pitcher balk, hit by pitch, dropped third strike, pitcher botches a throw to first (an error) that's all i could think of.
11) thought about it... didn't really know. dave said lettuce.
12) shoes, socks, slippers, sandals, sneakers, stockings

i didn't google my answers. :p

and there ARE more ways to reach 1st base in baseball... do you ever watch it??? uh... when the pitcher hits the batter with it... he gets a walk. duh.

(1)...every sport involved judges....cheerleading, figure skating,xtreme sports

Back