Abit KD7-E and memory

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

K2e2vin

This is the memory specs for the board:

spec_triangle.gif
Memory
- Four 184-pin DIMM sockets
- Supports 2 DIMM DDR 333 (Max. 2GB)
- Supports 3 DIMM Un-buffered DDR 200/266 (Max. 3GB)
- Supports 4 DIMM Registered DDR 200/266 (Max. 3.5GB)

Does this mean I can use 2 1GB PC2100 sticks and 2 1GB PC2700 sticks for a total of 4GB? I'm not going to use that much, but just want to know.

Right now I have a 512mb and 128mb PC2100 stick, and a 256mb PC2700 stick; I'm planning on buying 1GB stick(s) of ram and just need to know what will work(I want to put the PC2100 ram in my carputer)..

I'm guessing that it means your board will max out at 2GB total unless you run lower speed or registered RAM.

- Supports 2 DIMM DDR 333 (Max. 2GB)

go for this option.

the faster ram, although lower, will be better.
plus, 2gb is plenty for a home machine. i run 1 gb on my laptop. hardly every even use my swap file.

Will do.

I don't want to start another thread; but is 250W PSU enough for 2 harddrives, 2 cd/dvd drives, 2GHz AMD processor?

probably not... lol

it will work for a little while, but i'd go with at least a 350. psu's are like $15-20 bucks... just have one ordered eventually to replace your current one.
hell, the new gamer machines are coming with 750's

Thanks guys. Looks like I'll be spending more money on this computer than I intended. I tried the 250W I got from my cousin, and the computer would keep restarting after it's been in windows for like 2 minutes. lol

if youre next to a frys, they have the same antec 480 for $60. or maybe even spend another 10 bucks to get a case plus a 380 watt psu that should be enough for ur system and sell the case for like 30-40 bucks.

there's no Frys around here; I do live about 5minutes from TigerDirect though(which is where I primarily go). I'm using my old Antec 350W; I cut off the burnt ATX connector and soldered in the ATX connectors from my old HP computer PSU. Working quite well right now.

Only issue right now is System Temp=51C(CPU core is about 49C and CPU surface is 43C; I took out the "stock" fan/alum. heatsink and put in a all-copper thermaltake one with TigerDirect's thermal compound). Is this ok?

a tad hot, but those old athlons run hot. if thats a 64, then that is hot.

example, my old 1700+ xp runs at 60C and loads at 65C. Crazy hot, but hasnt given me any problems except excessive sweat when on for long periods of time. my new 3000+ 64 idles at 36C and loads at 45C.

That is a little warm. A decent all copper Thermaltake should keep it colder than that if you have good ventilation through the case. Make sure you have enough flow in AND out of the computer. Try to match your intake and exhaust flows.

Back