About cleaning injectors

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

CRAZYEG9

Okay, I'm doing an ODD2 bseries swap in my 92 Civic, so I'm going to use the injectors in my d15b7 engine and put them on the Bseries engine since I can't use the OBD2s. The question is can I clean them while there outside of the car (and if I can how) or can I bring them somewhere because 9 times out of 10 they're dirty.

i have an obd2 in my 93 why are you changing you injectors?
so I'm going to use the injectors in my d15b7 engine and put them on the Bseries engine since I can't use the OBD2s

says who? as long as you have everything from the obd2 (execpt ecu) everything is plug and play

Since I'm confused now...

You're better off making it OBD1. There are a couple of peices you need to replace, someone can tell you exactly. I only can think of injectors, o2 sensor, dizzy and i dunno knock sensor.

I never did the obd2-1 conversion. The obd0 to 1 was pretty simple, injectors and dizzy, and a couple other little things.

could he just use an obd2 integra harness and an obd1 ecu, I think you may have to repin a wire or 2 but the integra harnesses plug into 92-95 shock towers. That way he could use OBD2 components(injectors dizzy), without cutting splicing

Someone please correct if I am wrong, but I believe I read this on HT, they were discussing a type r into 92-95

Originally posted by civic93@Nov 28 2004, 11:43 AM
you need bigger injectors for the b series they have 240 and gsr are 310 your d15b7 has 190 i think
[post=423194]Quoted post[/post]​

You are wrong, all B and D series are 240, preludes are 270...310s in a GSR?! lol

Originally posted by nfn15037+Nov 28 2004, 03:41 PM-->
@Nov 28 2004, 11:43 AM
you need bigger injectors for the b series they have 240 and gsr are 310 your d15b7 has 190 i think
[post=423194]Quoted post[/post]​

You are wrong, all B and D series are 240, preludes are 270...310s in a GSR?! lol
[post=423279]Quoted post[/post]​

You seem the smartest. I don't know where civic93 got that BS info from cause B & Ds are both 240cc. What do you think about my question.

somebody back me up! i'm thinking maybe you can just do the whole swap and use an obd2-obd1 conversion harness and use a p28 or p30 ecu (vtacc yo!!) imo that'll be the easiest way to go. as for your injectors try to talk to rc or something...i'm sure there are places that flow and balance them. try napa even

and not all injectors are 240cc. there are distant engines that use 190cc...this is outa date engine.

OK, here is what you need to do: Use the stock harness that is in your car, all the OBDII sensors will work with a OBDI ECU and use the D series injectors. Just swap it like any other swap and use a chipped P28, P30, P72, or whatever OBDI ECU you want to. RC offers cleaning and balancing services for injectors, it is about a week turnaround time and you get a print out of the injector flow results.

Back