Accord Shift Cables Broke H22

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

HatchSpeeD

...Hi...
Ok, I was driving my buddies H22 swapped 95 Accord last night & my massive biceps snapped one of his shifter cables (at the shifter) while trying to shift into 2nd. So we limped it home in 1st gear, lol.

Today, we tried swapping out shifter cables. I had some cables lying around that I believe are from a 90-93 accord. His previous cables (the ones i broke) were from his accord's F-series engine. Although they all have differen't part numbers I know the 94-97 accord cables are compatible with the h22's but not sure about the 90-93's we tried. The problem is the shifter will only shift into all the foward gears & not back. It will only shift into 1st, 3rd, & 5th. I'm hoping it's just a compatiblity issue with the cables & not something fubar'ed in the tranny.

1) Does anyone know for sure if that sounds like a cable linkage problem or more like a internal transmission problem?

2) Does anyone know for sure if the 90-93 accord shifter cables are not compatible with the h22 in a 94-97 accord? Gonna try & get our hands on some prelude or 94-97 accord cables. THX

Last edited:
1992 and up prelude will work, you should also be able to use 1994 and up accord shift linkage

Yea 4got to post, the next day we got some 94-97 accord cables & everythings fine.

Back