act or exedy

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Quoted post[/post]]
I still want to see an Exedy clutch hold a TRUE 300 HP all day long without slippage...sure it will work, but your going to lose a decent amount of HP to the wheels with slipage...there pressure plates are just not made for that kind of power...buy what fits your budget and what works for you..I am just giving you all my honest opinon..I have used all sorts of different clutches through the years and will never again buy an Exedy clutch....every one of my cars is running a ACT HDSS setup, full organic street/strip disk with HD Pressure plate to match....flywheel all depends on you...I like the ACT's, but have used Fidanza and Aasco also with no problems

not set on the act yet but just incase i do go that way........what would be the difference between the hdss and the exss ????? and also which one of the act flywheels would be the best the prolite or the streetlite and why....???

thanks for all your replys this far and for the ones to come....!!!!!!!!!!!1

the HD will feel slightly stiffer than stock the XT is much stiffer... i have the xtss in my sol its perfectly drivable... it does take a bit of getting use to and hills can be a bit tricky at first

the street lite is heavier than the pro lite
this makes it a little easier to drive on the street... it has more inertia
im not saying you cant drive a very light flywheel on the street, only that it takes a bit more effort to start off from a stop... you have to blip the trottle a little higher than you normally would because the flywheel does not have the inertia to get the drive train moving as easily as a heavier flywheel... RPMs will rise and fall faster... throttle response (i guess that would be the term) is much touchier and more precise with a lighter flywheel... small differences in throttle position will be more noticeable

Back