Adjustable FPR question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

P7ank5te7

Out of curiosity, does anyone know anything about the adjustable FPR's like B&M sells? Like a buddy of mine got me one, already put together by the previous owner, but no instructions. I know the process of adjusting it in the sense of disconnect the vacuum line, and adjust the regulator, based on what the gauge reads. I have my gauge mounted on the fuel filter, so its not like a blind adjustment. But my question is how do I adjust the regulator. The bolt of course but, does it get tightened or loosened to lower pressure, because I want to start it off low and adjust up so that I don't break anything. Can anyone direct me to the instructions or a PDF file on it? I know I don't need it but, in this case, its an engine dress-up kind of thing. So. Thanks -Gary

Thanks for the fast reply. So I shouldn't have to adjust the static pressure(w/o vacuum)? Thats what I'm trying to understand how to adjust, mean I was looking at it, and pulled I guess what is used as a locking nut, but I'm just brain dead when it comes to it. LoL. But I want to make sure its got the right pressure because I don't know what the previous owner had it set for. Make sense? -Gary

Well, I'm a complete moron. Hahah. But I got it on and adjusted, after looking at it, just playing with it I figured it out. Per the manual, static pressure should be between 40-47psi. Anyone have a suggested pressure? I have it at about 44-46 which runs about 35 at idle with vacuum. It's got a just an intake, header(not on yet), cat back exhaust, and 10mm wires. I know I don't need to add the pressure, but I was just curious whats the optimum pressure? -Gary

So I should turn it down to 41? It shouldn't hurt it being higher tho, right? Just make me lose gas mileage, right? -Gary

it should be fine where its at.. if you start dumping black smoke out the exhaust, you might wanna turn it down..

Black smoke? I hear what your saying. I would think the computer would recognize it was dumping a little too much fuel and cut back the injector pulse width a little. But I'm still rather new to the whole thing here. Doesn't do that? I know I was reading that a WB O2 sensor helps it tho. -Gary

Back