AEM cam gears

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

khai_tuan_nguyen

I am getting aem fpr and fuel rail. So i thought what the heck why not the cam gears too? I know people don't like the 3 bolt design, but has anyone actually had any problems with it?

Khai

i have guys running for 2 years on them without a prob.
You look them over when yopu look over the rest of your car and tighten as needed

another issue is also how much adjustable the gears can go, todas won't let you adjust them more than 5 degrees in either diretion, so that means if they slip, chances are your valve train won't hit your pistons and go cluk cluk.

Go with the todas. very nice and worth the money.

if you need more fuel, get larger injectors and a fuel pump, the stocke oem honda fuel rail on b series motors will support in the area of 400-500HP, once you throw the pressures around, honestly it creates a decent amount of stree within the fuel rail.

back to the issue of how much there cam gears suck. My freind on his LS had a set of the AEM's, and when he went to adjust them, ever bolt had striped. Then he got his easy-out out (lol) and tried to remove the bolts. All that did was ripped the bolts to peices instead of griping them and removing them. Why is this? AEM's bolts are extremly shitty. They could use playdough and it would be harder bolts. He later replaced ever bolt with some good grade 8 bolts, and now he hasn't really had any problems.

No matter what brand you have, put locktite on the bolts, and check them offten. Pill_PMD had the Skunk2 gears, and had them slip on him because the bolts lossen up.

Back