after rebuild problems..

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jrhitman6998

ok so i rebuilt my ls with all oem parts, and i put it in the car and it started a couple of times and now it won't start at all and when it did start it would idle around 400 and i would have to play with the throttle, i could hold down the throttle and it would not affect the idle would not go higher, the engine cranks it just won't stay on, please someone help me out with some info..

Dont know your build or what you did but did you check the alignment of the crank (TDC) to the valves/cam sprocket lined up and all in order?

Or maybe electrical timing. It doesn't sound like an idle problem but an over timing issue.

What dizzy? OBD car? OBD motor/dizzy/ecu?

If its out of time enough to not run you've probably damaged the engine... more specifically the valves.

Check timing. Put the engine at TDC then check the cam gears the two arrows should be pointing up and the tick marks on the cam gears should be lined up. If not, correct this issue and try again.

i took off the head and i put it back on the pistons at tdc, then i put the cams at the correct spots both putting up and now i can turn the car on it stays on few a few seconds idles very rough and dies and if i open the throttle body then if dies immediately

is your main fuel relay clicking on when you turn the key to start or run ? if you cant hear it click on or off then tap it with something and if that wont work then you might need to replace just an idea might not be the prob

i would check your IAC valve as well, it only take a few min to remove and inspect . ive seen them cause similar prrbs. also inspect MAF sensor as well.

Sounds like you did some work on the electrical timing and then decided to check the mechanical timing. Was the mechanical timing off???

If that is the case then yes....start over on the electrical timing and see if that has helped the issue.

Cam timing? Valve lash? Fuel filter? Plug gap? list can go on and on.

Back