aftermarket steering wheel installation

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

nocturnal_pinoy

I want to see if anyone in here can help me. I have an mugen aftermarket steering wheel installed on my ek9 hatchback, and had to remove the srs spring for the airbag and the horn, but I currently have problems trying to get a wire to work for my horn. Whenever I wrap it like a spring under the hub adapter, it tends to shave off the wire coat and the horn ends up grounding and my horn will sparatically sound off. Is there anything made to accomodate the use of an aftermarket steering wheel with the horn wire, because I want my horn to work and the wire keeps messing up.

Yahoo messenger: candeekidone
AIM: nocturnalpinoy1

I would appreciate it.

no what there is already a hole drilled in the bottom of the adapter. What I have a problem with is that everytime I put a wire and twirl it around inside the hub like a spring so that way it'll unwrap and wrap as I turn the wheel, well the wire will eventually get torn up, and i'm trying to find a solution to making my horn work just right but with the wiring. Because I had to take out the srs thingy that comes under the oem steering wheel.

all i can think of is just wrapping the entire wire in electrical tape...

Back