aiming for new ECU setup option

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

-94-AccordH22

hi guys. ive decided after buying a shit p13 that only fired 3 cylinders. i want to look into jumping right to aftermarket ecu options.

i checked out the hondata standalone. thats runs by itself without a oem ecu right?
also to not confuse myself about vtec wiring....how is one of those buddy club or similar vtec or v-con controllers??

thanks

p13's suck. buy a socketed p28 and run chrome... you wont' have any problems. it's way cheaper than any aftermarket ems (aem, motec, haltech, etc.) yes, hondata runs on a stock ecu. it's a similar program as crome. it's not bad, but there are other less expensive options out there. as for vtec controllers, they're totally unnessicary with any decent ems.

but do i have to program them? also i want to look for something that i would be able to tell the EM a broken sensor is working fine. my intake temp sensor wire. are cut somewhere inside my harness. and the motor runs like shit right.

so i sitll have to buy a normal ecu and hondata or chrome just plugs into it?

well i just bought a chipped (and programmed) p13 from this guy. but if its a crappy chip or w/e can i just run chrome and override his crap?

Quoted post[/post]]
well i just bought a chipped (and programmed) p13 from this guy. but if its a crappy chip or w/e can i just run chrome and override his crap?

Return it if possible. Chipped P13s are ridiculously buggy and will fail. If you're programming it, you gotta stick with a P28 or P72, nothing else.

I'm extremely sorry. I stated P13, but I was thinking P28.

P72 will run IAB and the knock sensor, just like a P13, but you can use Chrome or Hondata on it.

P28 can run the IAB, with programming, but doesn't contain the necessary knock board for the knock sensor. Either of these will work fine, but P72 is a better choice if you want to retain the knock sensor.

i dont really care if i keep knock or not. but i did the iab bypass becuase my box was broken. so i dont have a iab sensor anyway. but i went ahead and ordered a chipped p28....that would work fine right? later on im going to buy hondata

another quick question: they didnt answer me in brakes section. but i got a free rear end off a 2002 accord disc brake setup. and was wondering if they would work on my 94 lx?

thanks

well if you havent sent back the p13 you can have it programmed with neptune. its the only software i know of that can write p13 maps correctly.

The problem is finding a dealer...they arent as prolific as hondata dealers.

If you can get a p28 or p72 itd be your best bet. The guys on pgmfi.org can walk you through a lot. Finally got my P28 running street tuned, and the acceleration curve that im being shown is a definite improvement and im very happy with my results with crome.

ok so i got my new ecu from that guy and i plugged it in and the engine ran just like it did with the old ecu. rich, acceled way slow. wont idle. shut off. i dont know what else to do. the intake temp sensor wires came undone but i dont think that would affect it running like that

Back