air-con ON rpm idle drop .

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I am driving Honda Civic 92-95 4drs ( engine : 92-95 JDM B16A2 VTEC dohc manual transmission c/w LSD g/box ) . My problem is when I switch ON the air-con , the idling rpm will drop from 750rpm to around 200rpm ( then it will slowly go up to 750rpm ) , but during air-con OFF the idling rpm look good / perfect only drop a bit (100+rpm ) only when the cooling fan turn ON or headlamp ON .Could anyone help me out on this problem >>.

Originally posted by hcivic.com@Dec 13 2004, 04:18 PM
sounds like your batt or alt are going you need to check both
[post=431160]Quoted post[/post]​

Hi,i had already change my alternator due to shorted and cuase my battery faulty too ,then change new battery
so ow both are new . anythings e to check ?

the compersor might be bad?
take a volt meter and put it on the battery when the car is running it shoulr read14.4 and witht the car off 12.

Originally posted by spectacle@Dec 14 2004, 02:19 PM
I had the exact same problem. What ECU are you running?
[post=431789]Quoted post[/post]​

I am using ECU P30-37820-000 JDM 92-95 B16A2 Manual transmission c/w LSD .
So you also using what ECU ? I dont think is ECU problem cause i had try out my friends which is good one but it look the same also ....

Originally posted by bemyself@Dec 14 2004, 06:44 PM
Check the vaccum solenoid valve
[post=431838]Quoted post[/post]​

Could you please show me where is the vacuum solenoid valve located ? Thanks .
If i m not wrong isnt from the center of IM which got a rubber to the behind bottom engine block ? right ?

Originally posted by hcivic.com@Dec 14 2004, 01:48 PM
the compersor might be bad?
take a volt meter and put it on the battery when the car is running it shoulr read14.4 and witht the car off 12.
[post=431772]Quoted post[/post]​

what you mean compressor bad ? air-con compressor ? if faulty air-con not cold right ?
OK i will measure the battery reading today . so if the reading not 14.4 on running time, what should i do ? already change the alternator n battery , new one .

Back