1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

alternator problems

Discussion in 'General Tech and Maintenance' started by greenmachine, May 18, 2004.

1. greenmachine

greenmachine Junior Member

I have a 1996 honda civic coupe with an Ls motor swap turbo and I have had it for about two months now. It was an auto and now a manuel, the problem is I keep losing alternators they keep the battery charged for about a week or two then die. So can anyone tell me why this is? I have a 1994 Ls motor and the 1994 ls alternator too. I just bought another they have all been remanufactured.

2. asmallsol

asmallsol Super Moderator

You made your car Mexican? Why

Wrong forum. :moved:

Do you have a system. Do you leave your lights on alot. Give more info.

3. greenmachine

greenmachine Junior Member

bad about where I had posted it, but I don't leave my lights. I do have a sytem though. Could a wire be loose or I'm I just getting bad alternators? I got ridofthe system, so should I put another in or ire to get another car? I just want to be able to make it to the track. The track is an hour and half away. When the alternators do work they die on a long road trip. So any suggestion would greatly be appreciated.

4. cycloneb18c3

cycloneb18c3 Senior Member

the system kills alternators. I had 4 alternators all within a year of having my system in my car. I bought a rockford fosgate 1 farad cap and i havent had a problem since...

5. Bl6CRX

Bl6CRX Senior Member

be sure to check all your grounds, make sure they are not corroaded and are all down tight,

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted