alternator problems

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

greenmachine

I have a 1996 honda civic coupe with an Ls motor swap turbo and I have had it for about two months now. It was an auto and now a manuel, the problem is I keep losing alternators they keep the battery charged for about a week or two then die. So can anyone tell me why this is? I have a 1994 Ls motor and the 1994 ls alternator too. I just bought another they have all been remanufactured.

Originally posted by greenmachine@May 18 2004, 05:07 PM
It was an auto and now a manuel

You made your car Mexican? Why

Wrong forum. :moved:

Do you have a system. Do you leave your lights on alot. Give more info.

bad about where I had posted it, but I don't leave my lights. I do have a sytem though. Could a wire be loose or I'm I just getting bad alternators? I got ridofthe system, so should I put another in or ire to get another car? I just want to be able to make it to the track. The track is an hour and half away. When the alternators do work they die on a long road trip. So any suggestion would greatly be appreciated.

the system kills alternators. I had 4 alternators all within a year of having my system in my car. I bought a rockford fosgate 1 farad cap and i havent had a problem since...

Back