amp prob

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

scottybyo

i was driveing my car and my soney expold amp just shuts off i go look at it and the fueses are blown on the amp so i out new ones in and the power came back on but then the power p light came on , i checked all the wires and their good then i looked at the red and white wire and down the wire their melted so i thought that was it and its not ,, so i unhocked everything and checked everything nothings touching , i can hock all the wires up expt the red and white one as soon as i hock the red wire in the power p light comes on idk why i just got all the wires new any idea ?

sounds to me like the amp is toast, that is usually the case when no connections are touching and the protection light is on. check your grounds just to make sure but it is a longshot at this point

if his red and white is RCA. the he needs to buy some new ones and try them. not much if you get some cheap ones from walmart. if that still does not fix it. which almost certainly should. then there is something not grounded properly.

Back