1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. scottybyo

scottybyo New Member

i was driveing my car and my soney expold amp just shuts off i go look at it and the fueses are blown on the amp so i out new ones in and the power came back on but then the power p light came on , i checked all the wires and their good then i looked at the red and white wire and down the wire their melted so i thought that was it and its not ,, so i unhocked everything and checked everything nothings touching , i can hock all the wires up expt the red and white one as soon as i hock the red wire in the power p light comes on idk why i just got all the wires new any idea ?

2. lostsoulzprophet

lostsoulzprophet delslow

ok need amp wattage. gauge of cable. red wire being power. what is the white. have a pic of your hook up.

3. neonmike

neonmike Senior Member VIP

sounds to me like the amp is toast, that is usually the case when no connections are touching and the protection light is on. check your grounds just to make sure but it is a longshot at this point

4. civicorprelude67

civicorprelude67 New Member

i think the red and white cables he is talking about is the RCA' s

5. lostsoulzprophet

lostsoulzprophet delslow

if his red and white is RCA. the he needs to buy some new ones and try them. not much if you get some cheap ones from walmart. if that still does not fix it. which almost certainly should. then there is something not grounded properly.

6. dateg513

dateg513 New Member

your inputs are blown buy new amp

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted