Analog to Digital converter coupons released

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

nootrac22

VIP
the govt coupons are out today, for the set top converter boxes for digital signal. If you currently get your tv over the air (rabbit ears) you will need one of these when the signal switches over.

coupon is only good for 90 days so don't get it till you're ready to buy one

https://www.dtv2009.gov/

Last edited:
sorry for the improper terminology, feel free to change the title. just trying to put in my public service announcement.

depends which way you look at it a guess...

no hes right its converting the digital stream back to analog so your old tv can still pick it up.

but i have a question. what is the format of the new digital stream? i know regular analog is NTSC, whats digital going to be? clear QAM? ATSC?

oh and i forgot that it really wont affect me since i record/watch cable TV which will remain analog.

right, it's only if you get your tv signal over the air

i dont have a link just what ive been reading on most foums and what i hear. everyone says that the digital switch is broadcast only. ie over the air. cable tv is supposed to be unaffected by the switch

cable is uneffected by the switch. it is for over the air only.

the cable box is actually a DAC

what if you dont use a STB? i was under the impression that cable will still offer analog, hence no need for a STB (if you arent using digital, HD, or DVR service that is)

if you don't use a set top box, chances are your tv already has a capable tuner in it as well...

Back