And so, begins a new era of performance...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I drove up to Portland today (about four hours) with a car dolly ($39.99 local use only- *grin*) and brought back the new addition to the family, a 1977 Honda Civic 1200 hatch. The engine and tranny were out of the car, so I put them in the back of the AllTrac. Yes, folks, I towed a trailer across country, go offroading, AND towed a Civic for 164 miles with a CELICA. :worthy: Toyota.

Anyway, here's the pics. More/ better shots might be taken tomorrow.

243.JPG

244.JPG

245.JPG

246.JPG

247.JPG

248.JPG

249.JPG

250.JPG

251.JPG

And I couldn't let the pic whoring go without a few shots of the AllTrac...

I thought this sign was kinda funny...
241.JPG

Taken the day before Halloween. AWD + snow = wishing winter lasted 12 months.
242.JPG

haha sweet ass Civic! Whats the plans for it???

love the sign. :p

1 thing though, how much was it? there are two 1971 600's for 2,000 obo here in washington.

hell yeah!! that Civic reminds me of my buddy's Civic he had back in high school (around 12 years ago when he had it). whats the plans for it? full restoration?

Cost... I traded a junkyard- spec turbo, IC, and BOV for it. It also comes with a shitload of parts- the guy has tons of parts and said if I ever need some, ask, and he'll send a big 'ole box of goodies down. Street value of the turbo stuff: ~$300. It's worth it; the car runs and drives with the engine in it.

Plans... Well, remember all that talk about the 1st gen CRX and then my AllTrac? Basically, that. I'll be converting to fuel injection, fabbing up my own intake and exhaust manifolds, retaining the 1237cc SOHC 8 valve engine and 4 speed manual tranny because there's no room for anything else. In fact, there's so little room, that in order to fit the turbo, I'm going to move the radiator to the back of the car. Don't ask... you'll see why when I get the engine in. There aren't really any struts/ coilover kits for the car, but MK1 GTi struts and coilover kits fit with a wee bit of welding/ grinding. It has a whack ass 4X120 bolt pattern, so I'll be converting it over to 4X100 and upgrading to 5th gen Si non- ABS discs and calipers all around, along with the 5th gen Si master cylinder. Wheels will most likely be '90-'91 CRX alloys with 195/60 Azenis or A032Rs. Anything larger than 14" is overkill on this car because it'll weigh under 1500 lbs with the cage and a full fuel cell, and you don't need any bigger wheels to clear the brakes that'll stop it like an F1 car.

As far as the engine goes... I found a company that will build a custom set of rods and pistons to whatever specs for $900, providing you send them an OEM piston and rod. I may stroke the engine with an '80- '83 Civic crank, but that's up in the air. I'll be fabricating my own cam gear. For converting it to fuel injection, I'll be using the SDS EFI system with coil packs so's I can get rid of the uberghey vacuum advance distributer. Turbo and IC are undecided, but will be on the large side to take advantage of the ~12,000 RPM fuel cutoff that the valve train will be built to handle. Yes, 12,000 RPM. Remember: This engine was designed and built back when Honda only knew how to design a motorcycle engine...

Of course, plans always change. Don't hold me to any of this, but give me about 18 months to put it all together.

Originally posted by Prowler@Nov 2 2003, 12:03 AM
why? is all i want to know

So I can piss off douschebags in Mustangs and still get 35 MPG.

And Porsche owners and Ferrari owners at open track days.

Originally posted by Loco Honkey@Nov 2 2003, 12:16 AM
So I can piss off douschebags in Mustangs and still get 35 MPG.

:owned:

cool chit mang!! keep us informed!!!

thats fucking awesome!!! is your goal in life to turbo every single thing you can, and some things you cant??

Originally posted by Seany-izzle@Nov 2 2003, 03:01 AM
thats fucking awesome!!! is your goal in life to turbo every single thing you can, and some things you cant??

Actually, at some point, I'm going to build a daily mowed turbocharged lawn tractor. It's all about mowable torque.

the pics are looking awesome B) sounds like you had a nice trip over the mountains, I always enjoy those trips. Was there much snow? Between sunday and monday we're supposed to get 8 inches. I guess you brought the winter project home just in time! once again :thumbsup: on the old school!

Back