Andrew's engine swap (pics)

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Actually, after a lil more thinkin buddy..... Don't buy another engine, don't buy another swap. get your trubo D goin as cheaply as you can. The responsible thing to do is save yoru money for a good car, like you've been wanting to do.

Don't swap a K-24, don't swap the B16 (unless you slowly build the one you have).

Save for your car.

My .02.

Oh, BTW, it's been decided that my turbo is a garret sc3431 t3/t4 hybrid w/a E housing (whatever that is).

Couple of guys on Honda-tech have the same turbo and pm'd me.
-----------------

Also, Max said the AEM wideband was good enough?

Last edited:
^^^I agree. You can only have one engine in the rex at a time, and it might as well be the one that you have invested so much time and money into.

I wouldn't buy that k24. Srsly. It's a good deal IMO, but I don't think you'd enjoy it nearly as much. Besides, there's too much information missing from that post. It's from a Euro Accord, which means it came a long way. Fuck that.

A K-series feels the same as a D. There's not a huge difference in the torque and HP to weight ratio, and there's more that can go wrong.

How much do you like rewiring the whole car? Are you going for wiretuck number 9832740982137409?

Keep the D. Parts are easy to find with D's.

:D easy guys... I'm only focussed on getting this thing running. I'm not going to give up on it for another engine, after I've put this much work into it!

I'm thinking about getting that B16 swap for $500 (or better yet, if he accepts a trade offer for some stuff I have laying around + cash, I'll do that.). Selling the trans and almost making my money back, selling the ECU and all other associated crap I get with it and make it a "free" swap, then maybe I'd rebuild it and start building a snail-kit for it.

Right now, I've got to get a traction bar so that I can mount my radiator, and get a wideband.

^ Can't... It won't work.

I'm ready to buy one, and will probably just buy a new one from ETD on ebay for the $290 shipped or w/e it is. and make my own taps to hold the radiator with.

Are you eventually gonna get another one?

If so, sure, you can have it. I"ll just need mine one day :p
*** BTW, your tank is in production. It'll be ready next week.

Last edited:
Dude! Lookie what I'm picking up ;)
7+8sIsVoa-Jb2dvESJr15pkATi6Er5i50300.jpg

Moates BURN1 rom burner and hondalog cable/case.

All we need now is the Ostrich 2.0 rom burner and we are set for our own tuning!

ANd here's the Ostrich..
http://www.homemadeturbo.com/forum/index.php?topic=95445.0

Last edited:
Sorry for being out of touch guys, Tropical Storm Fay was on it's way towards me, so me, my dad, and my buddy loaded up and drove to New Orleans for the weekend. :)
(had to work over there...)
But now I'm back, and should have some updates soon.

Nahh, no damage for him, justa lot of rain and whatnot, few small limbs down, twigs an forest debris.

Andrew, I've found you a whole bunch of turbo stuff mang!

Yeah it wasn't too bad. Lots of wind and water but thats about it.

I'm looking around for another turbo setup, guys. This crap just isn't working out that easy for me...
I'm thinking of getting a 16g with a xsac manifold. 5-6psi external WG if possible. Thoughts

Whats not working?

Stuff :p I'll let him explain. <chuckles> If he keeps on goin, I'm not gonna have a turbo system left :p

Andrew, check out this site... it has several video's on the Innovate system, explaining how it works, setup and whatnot.
Good stuff.

I think I'm gonna go with it.

Innovate Videos :: Engine Tuning Resources

BTW, if my stuff ashnt come in yet, think you can text or call the guy and ask em whats up? Been over a week now and it should be here, no excuse. May have to go with you to ATL and break a kneecap :ph34r:

It's just all of these weird bends and loops I'm having to make with this hot piping.

are there just too many bends or is it the fact that you have to connect all the different bends? Couldnt you make a sort of mock up then have a muffler shop bend piping so that there less connections.

Back