Andrew's engine swap (pics)

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Does the flex pipe hold pressure or will you find out tomorrow? Congrats on the last class.

I think we worked on it abotu 6-7 hours Friday night??? Till like 1:15 in the morning? Still havn't recovered.

Dude, you better call me when before you crank it!!!! I've gotta at least hear it the first time it's fired up w/boost!

Max altitude in Tally is 200 feet above sea level...Compression ratio would be like 17.6:1

Whoa.

And Andrew, I freaking forgot the oil thing in the Xb. Sketch out the lil flange you need and I'll get some spacers made for ya that won't be ugly and non-flat. I'm also gonna get you a couple of pieces of Aluminum, 1/8, 3/16 and 1/4 so you can have it if you need it.

Effective Compression ratio is always going to be higher than Static. A 9:1 comp engine pushing 10 psi is at 15:1 effective.
It doesnt mean you can't run boost just because it's high, you just need to have a rock solid tune.

Lotus is coming out with a turbo engine for one of their new cars w/ 11.5:1 compression boosting 5-6 psi. imagine what the Effective compression ratio is for that! not to mention it's going to be in europe, with mucho hills and higher altitude in general.

love the thread bro. im actually running the same set up on my z6 so i cant wait to see that thing run! :D

What kind of power are you making?

wikedeye said:
Does the flex pipe hold pressure or will you find out tomorrow? Congrats on the last class.
You mean does it leak? If I had to guess, it's going to leak like a sieve at the mating point where it meets my exhaust.

If your talking about my charge piping? idk.

Last edited:
Effective Compression ratio is always going to be higher than Static. A 9:1 comp engine pushing 10 psi is at 15:1 effective.
It doesnt mean you can't run boost just because it's high, you just need to have a rock solid tune.

Lotus is coming out with a turbo engine for one of their new cars w/ 11.5:1 compression boosting 5-6 psi. imagine what the Effective compression ratio is for that! not to mention it's going to be in europe, with mucho hills and higher altitude in general.

The altitude wasn't what I was talking about. I was pointing out that you're going to be running pretty high effective compression, so your tune needs to be really good.

I'm in the same boat, just my static compression ratio is 9.8:1.

The altitude wasn't what I was talking about. I was pointing out that you're going to be running pretty high effective compression, so your tune needs to be really good.

We have a good tuner, so I don't think that will be a problem. max will double check to make sure Andrew has everything set up right so when he goes out there, Andrew will be ready to rock.

Yep.

My radiator just showed up. I'm going to have a "fun" time installing this thing.
I really just need to get a freaking traction bar. This stock Crossmember is killing me.

What kind of power are you making?

idk yet. im waiting on my downpipe and ecu. im hoping for around 180. looks like you might be boosting before me so keep us posted on your progress and numbers :)

Dude, I made (3) 3/16 spacers for you today. They match nearly perfect to the oil return. MUCH better than what you have now, plus they are flat :p I'll give em to Meglet so you can have em tomorrow :)

Great! Thanks man!

I'm getting ready to drop $500... $220 shipped o the WideBand (AEM UEGO) and $284 shipped on the ETD Traction bar. Ugh.

It's necessary, but dang. I hate doing this. especially when I want to buy a new car soon.. geez.

Great! Thanks man!

I'm getting ready to drop $500... $220 shipped o the WideBand (AEM UEGO) and $284 shipped on the ETD Traction bar. Ugh.

It's necessary, but dang. I hate doing this. especially when I want to buy a new car soon.. geez.

Try searching the FS forum first on the wideband. There's a few people selling widebands there. That'll save a few bucks.

His oil return was a lil short and it kinked the line if he mated the flange to the turbo, she he needed a couple of spacers to get rid of the kink.

ANd did you talk to Max about the AEM? Is that what he suggested?

His oil return was a lil short and it kinked the line if he mated the flange to the turbo, she he needed a couple of spacers to get rid of the kink.

ANd did you talk to Max about the AEM? Is that what he suggested?

Learn something new about Andrew everyday.:D

^ hahahaha! "FIFTH!"

I'll look around for a used one.

Dustin (Busted Ej1) recommended it to me. I'll try and remember to to call Max but I can never seem to be able to. I always get distracted by the time he's done with work at 7! =/

I found a good deal on Craigslist for a 'new' D16Z6 head for $200. Should I jump on it? Does anyone on here want the link?

seller said:
the actual head casting is new , i reused rocker arms but had them all checked out before i reused them , everything is in good shape , has the stock cam and cam gear included ,
GetAttachment.aspx

GetAttachment.aspx

Last edited:
^
I found a good deal on Craigslist for a 'new' D16Z6 head for $200. Should I jump on it?
GetAttachment.aspx

Negative. If you're jumpin on anything, jump on that B16 for $500.00. Offer him $400.00 for it and sell the tranny for $300.00. Then turbo THAT instead of the D16 <laughs>

Max said AEM was good.. but was gonna get back with me. Just call em and leave a message!

Working on it. He didn't have any contact info so I can't get in contact with him. I sent a "note" to Craigslist about it. We'll see. I'd LOVE to do a stock B16 turbo. Maybe it will work out.

I've got some stuff to trade him, so I'll see what he says when he gets back to me.

Edit: Great. Now I'm looking at this:
2004 Accord K24A4 2.4 litre with 29k miles and a 2002 RSX type S 6-speed tranny with 42k miles. 1700.00 OBO

Back