Andrew's engine swap (pics)

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I'm expecting it today. he supposedly shipped it last thursday with FedEx ground(freight).

He's been "out of the office" all week so-far, but his secretary/wife w/e say's he'll be in today, so guess who's gonna call him in about an hour(9am)?

I should be able to tell you something by the end of the day.

shipped out monday or tuesday(again a quote from KMS, no proof), but tomorrow morning he'd better give me a damn #.

Otherwise...... he's gonna go to hell.. (but he'll have to take a quick transfer through Atlanta first, but he'll get there sooner or later)

he is more than likely full of shit. I hate dealing with people like this. I had to go through the same stuff with my head, and getting my frame pulled but they didn't jerk me around as much a KMS has done with you.

Your 100% right that he's full of it.

I'm hoping to have the motor in today or tomorrow(does FedEx run on Saturdays?)

call that bastard.. blow his phone up if you have to

It's only 4 hrs away. I'll just drive up if it gets to that point.

It's 6p now, and no engine, and, it's happened before, but I doubt it'll come today. I guess in the next few days it should be here. if it left Tuesday, with 3-4 day delivery...

well, theres not a whole lot I can do now, because of the weekend, but trust me, if he hasnt shipped it this time, I'll be calling the better business bureau(sp) of Georgia and complaining about this service.

I'll let him know first, and see if I can recieve any more compensation(he's already taken 400 off), but rest assured I'm not just letting it 'slide'.

My motor better be here tomorrow.

I vote we stickey a big nice title saying,
"STAY AWAY FROM KMS ENGINE DEVELOPMENT"

Agreed?

I've been reading a little bit on the BBB of Central GA, and I'm just contimplating filing a complaint.
Edit: I decided to go ahead and Email the BBB. we'll see what happens

Last edited:
I should have done it myself...

eh, you live and learn.

I learned to stay away from KMS. =)

Yep. I just talked to him, and he assured me that it indeed left the building. sweet.

He actually expected it to be here Friday/Saturday as well, but I guess that must be FedEx's bad, depending on when he shipped it.

When I get the tracking # I will know for sure when it shipped. He should be back in the office to give it to me today.

He said I'll need to put a 'bolt' in on top of the rockers... or something. he said theres an opening that takes a 12mm bolt or something you just slip in there. idk what he's referring to, but I guess I'll find out when it gets here.

so he can build a motor for you, but he cant put a 12mm bolt in place.. :shrug2: ..

i looked at their site and damn they do some cheap head porting.. but after your experience i dont think i'd trust them.. luckily i found a place in town that does head porting.. and dyno tuning.. woot!!, time to find a ecu to chip and get my tune on.. lol

He said that the part "didn't come with the motor", and he didn't have any laying around. soo...
so he can build a motor for you, but he cant put a 12mm bolt in place.. :shrug2: ..

Thats exactly what I said...

He just said VTEC won't engage without it, and that it was not really a 'bolt', but more like a.. plug? freezeplug maybe? idk. didn't make much sense to me, but like I said, I'll just take care of it when it gets here.

Back