Andrew's engine swap (pics)

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Wrinkle paint will look like just as good, but won't hold up like powdercoating. But I guess for the price of powdercoating, you could wrinkle paint it about ten times :shrug2:

Whaaat??

untitled.jpg

$11 shipping on an $11 can of paint? forget that!
I'll find something around town.

good luck. i know i havent found any. Neither has Cliff. At least nothing even close to a type R red. Cliff actrually managed to trace one in town but he might have to order it for himself. I'm willing to go 1/2;s with you if you want it. I need to redo 2 VC. in red;)

I'll chip in as well. I'm painting my valve cover IT-Arrg red as well.

Well, that site is a little cheaper, so I'm buying 2 cans to make it worth my while, and it's only $8 shipping.

Terrance and Abel, I'll let you guys know when it gets in.

i was researching paints earlier this week.. hehe.. i have a GSR valve cover on the way, i'm gonna do one the way i want.. that way no down time while the shit dries

Well, thanks for those links man. I went with the Caswell company. I ordered 2 wrinkle red cans, so I guess we'll do it when it gets in!

yeah i had my friend do it for me on another valve cover. it turned out really nice. I'm doing my oem black and my JDM cover Krinkle red again. It's pretty faded.

I invested in the crinkle red JDM valve cover on my b16. I think it adds a nice touch to my otherwise stock engine (Tsudo 4-1 header and skunk 2 intake manifold). I also painted the spark plug wire cover in a crinkle black. Nice contrast to my otherwise white engine bay in my opinion. Your engine looks good, very clean and a great write up. I swapped out my d16 z6 in my 95 del sol si for a j-spec b16. I sold my old engine to a fella putting it in a crx. I think the d16 in a crx would be a lot of fun...but I just wanted a little more. Can't beat the pitch change when vtec kicks in on a b16.

dude, because of me seeing this post while lookin for some brake info, u caused me to do a wire tuck and paint my engine bay while i waited on misc. parts for my crx. i wish i had waited to put most of the shit on my engine though. nothing fit at first. during installation i broke my iac, tps, fuel filter, and scratched the shit outta my freshly painted engine bay. turbo hit the intercooler, radiator still doenst fit right, and theres NO room to work on this thing. i shoulda did a kswap. so everybody stick to n/a bseries in a crex. ill post some pics of my crex tomorrow. but thanx andrew.

Live and learn skrotm.
You gotta employ your ghetto fab ninja skillz to turbo the CRX.
O yeah, and a measuring tape :thumbsup:

Can't really say it much better than Klyph.

BTW guys, ITB's coming soon!! :thumbsup:

Should have them together in the next few weeks. Then comes Dyno graphs!
Don't think I've forgotten about you guys...

:)
-Andrew

So your gonna hold on out the dyno'ing untill youget the ITB's or are you gonan dyno it now and later w/the ITB's?

Personally, I think you need to do a before and after so you can tell the difference ya know?

I knwo I"m gonna pick up a good 20+ hp w/my stuff.. You don't.

Well, If I can talk to Jaw's Racing and get a decent price.. maybe. I just don't wanna spend $75 on 2 pulls when I'm about to spend all this money on ITB's and (mainly) tuning, but I do see where your coming from.

I'll call him, and maybe I can sneak in there and get 1 pull for a little bit more of a discount. IDK. We'll see I guess.

Yeah man!
I went to my buddies house last night and checked out one of the 9 sets of ITB's he had laying around (love going in his garage...), and he picked out some nice 40mm ITB's..

All I've got to do now is order some hack up the manifold, get my buddy to weld on some tubing, and get to town spacing the TB's!
I'll get pictures together when I actually start doing stuff :p

-Andrew

Back