Andrew's engine swap (pics)

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Hmmn........

I do want to try. Problem is getting it down here, since I'd want dad there to give me pointers and whatnot.. I need to be shown how to mix the paint and whatnot.

After you swap an engine in it, drive it down and I'll buy 10 cans of paint remover and spray it :p <laughs> No seriously......

We'll talk about it tomorrow. I do want to cut my teeth on some painting though. Even if it doesn't turn out uber awesome, it'll look better than it does now ;)

thats what I figured...
Terrance, how about you help me find a healthy D to put in it? Non-vtec, vtec, w/e.
Even a ZC. (No, it wouldn't turn out like Eli's...) Try and find a complete swap with axles and ecu.

Man I wanted that civic EX shell. with my LS swap in it+ A/C. if you still consider? I've 3 items I can trade you. A JDM type R header with skid plate. Full Race traction bars. or the carbon fiber hood that's currently on my CRX. you can only choose one.

Ninja Edit: It looks like I'm getting a traction bar, tomorrow :p

TTYL Jose

Last edited:
Teaser from last night: I got a lot of pics, and a video, but you'll have to wait until tonight or tomorrow for all of them.

DSCN8997.jpg

DSCN9003.jpg

I got a lotta good stuff done! The B16 will be in by lunch, and the rest of the day will be spent on wiring. Updated pics and such later on

You just dont stop do you!! Hey man, keep it up!:thumbsup: Sooner or later you'll take the b16 out and drop something else in the bay. Congrat bro!!

^^ I'm a Honda Owner.... what do you expect?? haha...

Bow-chicka-bow-wow: It's now around lunch time and the Bee-otch is IN

DSCN9015.jpg

DSCN9013.jpg

DSCN9014.jpg

-Andrew

Actually wiring wasn't that bad. Luckily my wire-tuck job did me a favor and extended most of the wires appropriately... The only wires I had to extend were the VTEC noid/oil pressure and the water temp sender.
I just finished the last of the wiring a few minutes ago.
I also finished up the "bottom end" and got the axles in and stuff.
All thats left down there is to put cotter pins on the LBJoints.

Check it:

DSCN9020.jpg

DSCN9019.jpg

DSCN9017.jpg

DSCN9022.jpg

DSCN9025.jpg

DSCN9028.jpg

I'll put in the Full Race traction bar today as well.

Thanks guys...
I got the Full Race traction bar in, as well as a 4-1 ITR header with a figgen sweet skid plate last night

DSCN9031.jpg

DSCN9034.jpg

DSCN9033.jpg

DSCN9029.jpg

DSCN9030.jpg

DSCN9032.jpg

Around 2 or 3 I'm taking my D16Z6 dizzy to Max's house and we're gonna change out the shaft on it for it to accept B series cams. Hopefully it will work.
If it does work, I'll be driving it today!

Last edited:
Back