Andrew's engine swap (pics)

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Hey man.. Check this out...

Before:
IMG_0460.jpg
After:
IMG_0461.jpg

IMG_0463.jpg

EG Armrest and handle.

I've heard abotu it.. You've told me abotu it, but I've never seen it done.

Do eeettt....:ph34r:

Last edited:
As always Andrew, heck of a job man. You know, I think I would actually be willing to travel to Tallahassee, just to pay you to paint my car. haha You have done such a great job with the paint, as well as everything else. I'm very picky when choosing someone to actually do work on my car. That is probably why I have been pondering over the idea to have it re-painted for years. Both of my cars are white, so I'm sure it wouldn't be hard by yeah, it would be an honor to have you do work on my car. Anywho, keep up the awesome, precise, detail oriented work. I wish both you and Terrance the best. :thumbsup:

^ IDK if I'm ready to take on an entire car, (thats a lot of sanding lol), but Thanks a bunch for the compliments dude.

Next time your up this way hit me up. We can do a photoshoot or something. :thumbsup:

^^ Terrance that does look good! I'll look into it!

Hey man.. Check this out...

Before:
IMG_0460.jpg
After:
IMG_0461.jpg

IMG_0463.jpg

EG Armrest and handle.

I've heard abotu it.. You've told me abotu it, but I've never seen it done.

Do eeettt....:ph34r:

SO that is an armrest from an EG? Does it fit without any modifying?

I think you have to cut down the part where it meets the CRX OEM part. (Right under the ebrake Handle...

^ IDK if I'm ready to take on an entire car, (thats a lot of sanding lol), but Thanks a bunch for the compliments dude.

Next time your up this way hit me up. We can do a photoshoot or something. :thumbsup:

^^ Terrance that does look good! I'll look into it!

Believe me, if I were up there, I'd love to meet up with you and see the REX up close as well. It's sad, but i don't know anyone in Orlando or close by that's into cars and that I can actually have a face to face conversation with yet. I talked with Formby once, but haven't seen him around the site lately.

Me and my dad ended up picking up a "break the ice to my mom" bike- a '94 CBR1000F 'Hurricane'
It's been layed down on both sides, but 95% of the hardware has been replaced, but the fairings look like ish. So I'm going to repaint them and get the bike looking good again and sell it. I don't know why I haven't posted any pictures of it yet...
Heres a couple from the sellers house while it was all dirty... (it's since had a good pressurewashing.). BTW he included ALL the fairings, they were just off ATM.
Parts/Mods-
Jet kit
-1 in Front -2 in Rear sprockets
Dropped 2" in front and 4" in rear
Extra set of wheels included. 1 set is fully 'polished' (old though), 1 set is gold w/ polished lip.
DSCN0650.jpg

LOT of miles. (pushing 40K)

I was fooling around with my tripod the other night...

I'm still looking around for a bike for myself, though. Just focusing on getting this one sold, working on my crx, and school right now. Thx for asking, though Dave!
-Andrew

Last edited:
It's actually not all that low... You can see that it's kinda stock-looking/feeling, height-wise. I'm actually REALLY shocked this bike was supposedly 4" higher in the back. It leans over so much on the kickstand already, I don't think the stand would hold very long if this thing had to lean over a few more inches...
Even when I compare it with other pictures of Hurricanes, it seems almost the same...
But it's a comfortable ride 'cause it's so heavy. (VERY quick too)

I'll let everyone know when it's ready to go!

Definitely. Around my place, they're not too bad though, and since PennDOT is putting in a 2nd year toward fixing 28, I don't think it'd be too bad.

I donno, I need a bike, and even though the 08 Ninja 250's are sick, I'm not paying $4100 on a 250, and I learned on a 500 anyway. So fuck that :p

Back OT though, (sorry Andrew,) are you going to spray the D?

Hit the shop again yesterday and today and got some goods done.
-secured my fuel line setup (I'm trying to figure out another way to have this setup...)
-got some high-temp paint on the header to freshen it up a bit.
-picked up a few odds and ends for getting everything strapped down nice and secure (my latest "thing". Getting stuff bolted down/looking right/functioning better than OEM. Meaning all hoses, bolts, nuts, wires, etc are all secured)

DSCN0710.jpg

DSCN0711.jpg

DSCN0715.jpg

DSCN0719.jpg

Now I've got to get my body panels on and get this thing looking like a car again ASAP, because as soon as I can, me and my buddy are gonna take a photoshoot and send in our cars to a powdercoating company who's looking for a few cars to sponser for Nopi Nationals. I think I'll give some people a run for their money if I can get this thing together like I have pictured in my head.

BTW next wheels I've decided on- RB's
Although I don't know if I want to go with 16's or 15's. :confused:

rotarbs.jpg

-Andrew

Back