Andrew's engine swap (pics)

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Id go 15s cause thats me, and You drink that Bawls Energy drink? that stuff is nasty imo lol..

BTW: Cars looking good as always man!

I like what you did with the fuel line, what is the fitting setup, I wanna do that to mine, very clean.

We should swap wheels so you can see if you want 16's or not.

I think 16's would be hawt BTW.. But they MIGHT look a lil big on the Rex.

We'd just have to see.

I know 17's are out of the question, but just for size reference.
I had some Motegi 17's in the rex, filled it up quite nice actually. I think that 16's will look great, although it'll definitely raise it from the stock 14's.

But wait, you've got the 15' fatty's on anyway, don't you?

In that case, use mac's 16's and see how you like the fit, take a pic, and photoshop those rims on lol.

EDIT: ^^ yeah see... thats just wayy too big.... I guess he's not lowered yet though.. it would look better lowered.
Yeah. We've been talking about doing the whole 'wheel swap' for a while. I'll have my car running soon, and we'll be able to try it out and see what she looks like.
My thoughts on wheel size:
16's- show
15's- street
14/13's- race (I'm talking like 13x8/9 panasports on slicks for autoX... *drool*)

We'll see. Keep your eyes out for some Rota RB's for me fellas! 15's OR 16's. BLACK w/ polished lip. Just like I pictured! :thumbsup:

I've got some magloy rims on my fiat that are 13's. I'd love to find some tires for my civic and slap them on those rims. Those rims weigh like 4lbs each, it's amazing. That little car needs all the rotational mass reduced it can manage though, at like 20hp.

I think 15's look good on most earlier model hondas. Don't do the low-profile tire thing though. I'd say 50 is the lowest you can go without pushing it.

yeah that CRX wasnt lowered, and it looked like a box going down the road cause of the way it sits. Oh well, he plowed it into a wall when he was drunk, so it doesnt matter any more. lol

EDIT: I'll have my car running soon, and we'll be able to try it out and see what she looks like. :thumbsup:

Dang man.. Megan took out your alternator and starter this weekend :( I forgot abotu it untill now.

I guess you won't have it until Friday (if she works) which she probably isn't.

Her fault! Not mine :p

The starter is cleaned and installed on the engine, the Alternator is getting cleaned today :p

I took it out of her Toaster yesterday. :thumbsup:

Sweet!

I mean, yeah.. I knew it was in there.....:ph34r::D

Or a few more options...
TE37B_2.jpg

TE37P_2.jpg

Last edited:
holy biggest pic evAr, batman.. resize plz.
IDK how I feel about the Track R's. They look good... but idk.
All the other ones suck. get them outta here! ;)

I'm REALLY digging the polished te37 knockoffs, too. and I can actually afford them. and they fit my tire size. and.... i need to take a break before I buy some wheels right now.

Last edited:
I know.. I have NO clue why it's so big. I think I"m gonna leave it :p

here's a smaller version (hopefully)
rotanewtrackr.jpg

Well, I've never seen them "natural" like that. (silver/almost polished). Definitely a good looking wheel.

Looks like I'm cutting down to a couple different choices...
Nippon Racing polished TE37's
Rota RB black w/ polished lip for the really JDM Panda feel
polished/silver Track R's.

hmm.... theres SO many good choices out there... this is tough.

I'm partial to the black/polished lip look personally. And I think it would look really nice on a white car w/ a carbon hood...

I say go for it! :D

Back