Andrew's engine swap (pics)

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

So I've been playing around with the Zeal Compression calculator....
If I found a 0.060" head gasket- I'd get a 10.39:1 compression. I can boost that well enough.
If I STACKED (2) z6 gaskets together( each 0.037"), for a 0.074" HG... I'd get a 10.05:1 compression ratio. boosting 6 psi, my effective ratio would be 14.15:1.

Has anybody ever heard of stacking them? lol.
I know it's ghetto, but I'm very curious.

I've been a member there for a while... thanks for the link anyway though.

I was kinda joking about stacking the head gaskets. I know it's a pretty dumb idea because 1) I'll be doubling my chances of getting a leak, and 2) they don't like to seal very well to other gaskets.

Cometic, however makes custom gaskets, and I'll call them tomorrow and get a quote from 'em.
If it's under $200 I'll consider it.

Thank you.

I didn't think it was a very good idea.

HEY... So I don't forget, bring down your floor jack. PLEAAAAAAAZZZZEEE?? I don't want to swap wheels/camber kit with a scissor jack :(

EXCELLENT!

Talked with Cometic gaskets, and they can make custom gaskets up to 0.175".
With a 0.100" gasket, my compression would be 9.49:1!
Perfect!

And it's only around $100 for it, and it's done in around 3 days.
ta-daaaa

Last edited:
Booya
What's your turbo setup gonna be?
Heres what I'm thinking:
- T3 .42/.48.- easy to find, cheap, disposable (like a camera ^_^), can easily find manifolds and downpipes.
- Probably go with a log manifold unless I can find a decent used one.
- Ebay or DSM BOV
- 38mm WG
- Ebay intercooler. (I'd LOVE to get my hands on a 'backdoor' intercooler. but alas, there $600+... lolz)
- IDK what I'll do about the piping. I might just get one of the Ebay piping/coupler kits and find some nice t-bolts to hold everything down.
- I've heard stock injecters are supposed to be good up to around 200hp, but I could always just get some DSM bluetops.
- Install my Y8 IM unless I can find another good deal on a Blox or S2 like eg6sir linked me earlier(unfortunatly it was when I was broke...:mad:)

...or something like that...

I've always wanted to mess with forced induction... This is gonna be a fun little project.

It's a shame though.. Were never gonna get any work done on the 240 sx :(

You know, about that.

I've been looking around for stuff for it.
I'll buy that Holley Mech. 450 after I get our RC cars going.
Do you want to go in 1/2'zys with me on those cool Diamond Racing wheels that were posted on TI? It'll be right at $400 for front(15x6) and rears(16x8)
And I'll be coming down with the pressure washer soon and clean it up.
(Keep in mind that I'll have about 2 months off of school for summer(June 29-Aug 20), so I'll be able to spend lots of time dedicated to helping tracy and your dad rip the 4.3 out of Spongebob and what-not.

Geeze.. I guess I'll have to start up another build thread for that thing!

Last edited:
New gasket showed up from Cometic today!

DSCN3434.jpg

DSCN3435.jpg

DSCN3436.jpg

DSCN3437.jpg

75.5mm bore
0.074" thick! it's a beast, but it's all metal and will drop my compression to 10.05:1!

-Andrew

I'm in summer classes right nwo, but I'll be done with them next Thursday. Then I'll be working full time for about a month and a half solid, so I'll have the financial backing for sure.

I've got a couple more things on the way.
and I'm talking with a guy here in town(local site) about a .50 trim turbo and manifold.
I've got my oil sandwich on the way so I can run my oil pressure gauge and my turbo feed line

And yeah man, this is probably the thickest one i've ever seen too!
Just think dude, they also sell 0.125". Thats almost twice as big! my compression would be 9:1 with it!

Oil sandwich came in. kitty wanted to check her oil temp and pressure, so I did a quick and simple install on her:

DSCN8584.jpg

DSCN8583.jpg

Also did a little photoshoot yesterday with my bro (mac_24_seven). I'll get the pics up in a sec. gotta sort through 'em.

oH NO3Z!11!! Poor Pockets!!

Whats sad is, thats not the first time Andrew has defiled her with car parts :ph34r::eek:

Damn, Andrew... I just read up on this after missing a whole lot and I want to congratulate you. Good to see you guys are still having fun with this, keep the updates coming =)

Back